Chapter 14

Hunter's POV

It's been over an hour since Kelly kissed me goodbye and I am still not sure how I feel about it. Initially, I was shocked and still am to a certain degree, but mostly now, I am angry. I just don't know why she would kiss me so passionately, especially in front of Harper. We are on two very different pages. I thought I had made it abundantly clear that I wanted to take things very slow. I'm not ready to be in a serious relationship right now.

I may be single, but I am a single dad. I can't just jump into a relationship without thinking about how it's going to affect Harper. The next person I date, whenever that may be, will be my friend, first and foremost. She'll be kind, not conniving and she'll be someone I can trust, with not only my heart, but Harper's as well.

Sadly, I don't think I can ever trust Kelly the way that I need to, in order to move onto something more than friends. There's just a few things that's she's done that really make me question how genuine she is. The first red flag shot up the night she got angry and hung up on me, all because she didn't feel the ages of the nannies my mom and I interviewed were appropriate. I know my mom explained why she did it, because she was scared I might fall for the nanny. I just wish she had talked honestly to me about it instead of handling it the way she did.

The second red flag occurred earlier today, when I caught her scowling at Liddy, for no reason at all. Kelly doesn't even know Lid. So the only thing that makes sense is that Kelly's is jealous of Liddy because she is very pretty and feels threatened that I might fall for Liddy. The problem with that thinking is I am not her boyfriend so she has no right to be jealous or worry about loosing me.

I am brought out of my thoughts when Cole sits up and looks towards the entrance to the hallway. I turn my head to see what has his attention. I spot Liddy standing there with Harper in her arms. They are both yawning and Harper is snuggling her head into Liddy's neck. Wow, I don't think I have seen anything so cute in long time.

Liddy's POV

I suddenly wake up! I can't believe I fell a sleep! Well, yes I can. I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights. I've been staying awake worrying. Being Harper's nanny is a huge responsibility. I don't want to let her or Hunter down. Then you add the emotional goodbye with Craig and it was just too much. That's probably why I became upset about Blondie and Hunter kissing. It was just exhaustion playing with my feelings. Makes sense to me.

I quickly put my hair back into a bun, and jump down from my bunk. As I walk past Harper's bed. I hear her jabbering to Jazzy. Goodness she loves that stuffed horse. She takes it everywhere with her.

"Hey there cutie. You're awake. Do you want to get a snack and see what your daddy and Cole are up to?"

"Yes!" She says shaking her head up and down.

"Okay, hold on for a minute. Let me figure out how to release your safety rail, so I can lift you out." Leave it to Hunter to think of every little detail when it comes to Harper's safety. He had this rail, plus a baby monitor system installed in the bus right after he bought it. He also purchased special headphones for Harper to wear when she's watching the band perform. What an awesome dad.