Chapter 100

Sorry for the delay in posting. It was crazy around here during the holiday. 

Warning: You may want to have a tissue ready. 

Chapter 100

Liddy's POV

"Lids, watch!" Harper calls excitedly.

"Look at you!!! You're turning into such a little fish!"

"I do good?"

"You're doing awesome! Your daddy is going to be so surprised." I say as I video her swimming around in Hunter's outside pool. She is having so much fun. I can't help but smile. She's feeling so much better than she was two months ago.

"Hey Abbie, would you mind watching Harper for me, while I run inside to make us some snacks?"

"Sure thing, Aunt Liddy."

"Thanks. Please, make sure she stays in the shallow end."

"Okay."

"And don't let her jump into the pool. Have her use the stairs. Oh, and if she looks tired..."

"We will sit on the patio and rest for awhile. Don't worry. I got this."

"I'm sorry. I know you do. Just ignore me. I'm a terrible worrywart."

 "You think?" She giggles.

I laugh, too as I step out of the pool and quickly towel off. Once I'm dry I throw on my yellow sundress and walk inside to make some egg salad sandwiches, cold lemonade and a fruit salad from the fresh peaches strawberries and grapes I bought yesterday. As I'm putting the last of the food on the tray my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and smile. It's Hunter.

L: "Hey Babe. What's up?"

H: "Not much. Just checking in to see how my two favorite girls are doing?"

L: "We're doing great. Harps is swimming in the pool right now with Abbie and Austin while I make us a snack."

H "Is your step mom and Liz there?"

L: "Not yet. Liz is at the airport now waiting for Jan's flight to arrive. They should be here in about an hour, maybe less."

H: "That's good.......God it's great to hear your voice. I miss you so much."

L: "I miss you, too."

"H: "It feels like you've been gone for a week." I can't help but giggle. He sounds so pathetic, but in a cute adorable way.

L: "Hun, we just left yesterday."

H: "I know, but it's just not the same without you, two. It's too quiet. Normally, I would have Cole to keep me company, but..... now..... now that he's gone. It's just really lonely."

My heart breaks for him. He's lost without Cole. We all are. Waking up 4 weeks ago, just 3 days before Hunter was scheduled to started his new tour, to discover that Cole passed away in his sleep, was a total shock to all of us.

L: "I know it is. I'm sorry, baby. He was such a great dog."

H: "Yay, he was."

L: "Why don't you ask Justin or Matt to stay with you on the bus?"

H: "No, I'll be fine. It's only two more days.... So how's Harper doing?"