Chapter 67

>>>>Warning>>>> This chapter discusses a subject matter that may make some readers uncomfortable. Keep that in mind. I will mention it again just before, so those of you who want may skip it.

Several days later

Hunter's POV

I can't believe my life. I am so incredibly blessed. It's hard to believe a year ago I was going through a divorce, thinking my life was over because Renee didn't love me. Now, look at me!

"Hey Hun, I'm all packed for our trip. I can't believe that by this time tomorrow, we will be in Colorado in a little cabin snuggled up next to a fireplace!"

"I know. I am excited, too!" I say as I lean over and kiss her. "What are you most looking forward to doing? Skiing? Ice skating or snowmobiling?"

"Uhm, I really want to try them all, but none of those are the most important thing that I want to do."

"They aren't? Then what? Cross country skiing or sledding?"

"No silly, what I am looking forward to the most is spending time alone with you. It's going to be so nice to not be interrupted all the time. Don't get me wrong. I love Harper to pieces and the guys from the band, but it will be so wonderful to just have you all to myself for once."

"I'm happy you said that cause I feel the exact same way."

"Really?" She says teasingly. "Are you completely sure? They have snowmobiling. You might prefer to do that instead of drink hot cocoa and sit in the hot tub with me."

"Hmmm" I say jokingly, as I tap my chin with my index finger. "You're right that's going to be a tough choice."

"I'm so going to make you regret saying that." She jests.

"And how are you going to do that?" I ask before I start tickling her.

She giggles. "I I I I'm ... nnnnot ... goinnnng ..... to .....telllll.... yyyou."

"Remember, I have ways of making you talk." I say in my best French accent. Then I begin to tickle her feet.

"Hunter no!!! Stttttopppp..."

Just then Harper comes padding into the room holding Jazzy. "Daddy."

I stop tickling Lids and allow her to catch her breath. "Oh, hey there punkin. How was your nap?"

"Good..... What you doing?"

"I'm tickling Liddy. Would you like to help me?"

Her face lights up. "Yes!" She says as she runs over to hop on the couch next to us.

"NO fair!" Liddy exclaims. "Two against one."

Harper and I ignore her plea and start tickling her again. Eventually, Liddy convinces Harper to help her and before I know it the tables are turned and my girls gang up on me. God I love the sound of that, "My Girls"

When my phone starts to ring our tickle session ends but not before we each fall victim to someone else's fingers. "Hello?" I say as I walk to my studio in the back of the bus.

"Mr. Hayes?"

"Yes."

"This is Becky from Ward-Potts Jewelers. Just wanted you to know that your custom order is ready. You may pick it up anytime."

"That's awesome news! What time do you open in the morning? I have to be at the airport by 10 AM."

"We normally open at 10 Am."