Chapter 75

2 weeks later

Liddy's POV

Hunter, the band, Liz, Harper and I arrived in New York City, yesterday. The plan today is for the guys to tape their segment on The View this morning. Then Liz and I will go to an appointment we have scheduled to look at wedding dresses this afternoon while Hunter takes Harper to the Children's Museum of Manhattan. Tomorrow after my appointment at Kleinfeld's, we are all going to the Central Park Zoo.

I still can't believe that we are going to get married in just 5 short months. Hunter's management team reluctantly agreed to the date. They really didn't have much choice, Hunter was adamant. The compromise is that we have to postpone our honeymoon until January, which is fine with me. They didn't want him to take any more than a week off during the fall touring schedule.

His team also agreed that today was the right time to announce our engagement to his fans. I'm not quite sure of the exact plan, yet. They seem to keep changing their minds. All I know for certain is that I'm nervous.

"So Liddy, I want you to know that we have a surprise planned for Hunter." Betsy whispers.

She, Liz, Harper and I are standing off to the side of the set of The View. "You do?"

"Yes, we'll be presenting him with a gold record for 'To the moon and Back', right after they finish performing it."

"No way!" I quietly exclaim. "Does he have any idea?"

"I don't think so."

"Hunter's going to be so excited! He's been really worried about this album."

"It did have a slow start, but once he started touring, sales really began to climb."

I can't stop smiling. I am so happy for him. "So because of the gold record presentation does that mean that we will be postponing our engagement announcement?"

"No, what we've finally decided to do is after Hunter receives the plaque, Whoopi or Raven is going to ask him if there's anyone special he would like to share the good news with. Then the camera will pan to you and Harper standing over here. You'll be encouraged to walk on stage and once you are next to him one of the hosts will point blank ask who you are. We are confident that Hunter will know what to do from there, since he already was told how to introduce you."

"Are you sure about this? You really want me to walk out on stage?!!!!" I can feel my palms start to sweat. "I thought all I had to do was wave from the sidelines."

"That was one idea, but we had to change it because of the Gold Record. Don't worry, you'll be fine, everyone will love you and Harper."

I swallow hard. "I hope you are right.

_____________

Hunter's POV

The band and I just finished singing 'To The Moon And Back'. I'm completely out of breath and extremely anxious as I see Whoppi and Raven, the hosts walking over to talk with me. I'm suppose to announce Liddy's and my engagement in a few seconds and I'm really worried because I know once I do, it'll be the talk of social media. I just pray that the majority of the comments are positive. I don't want to see Liddy go through what Renee had to go through.

"Wow, that was incredible." I hear Whoppi say over the crowd's cheers.

I blush. You'd think by now, I'd be use to the praise, but I'm not. "Thank you."

"So Hunter, I want to make sure I have this correct. This is the your second single from your most recent album that was released last Fall?" Raven asks.