Chapter 96

Liddy's POV

I awake to find Harper laying on one side of me and Hunter on the other. He has his arm wrapped protectively over both of us. I can't help but smile. This is where I belong. How did I ever think I could leave them? I love these to people more than anything else in this world.

I reach over and stroke Harper's cheek and forehead. She feels cooler which is a good sign but I'm still extremely worried about her. She's still lethargic and winces whenever we touch her head or knees.

"Good morning, beautiful." Hunter whispers in my ear. "How's she doing?"

"Morning to you, too." I smile. "She's doing okay for the moment. Her temperature appears to have gone down, but I don't think she's getting better. What about you?"

"I agree. If it was the flu like Dr. Sanders thought we should be seeing some sort of improvement, but we're not. That's why I've decided to call Dr. Fields, Andy and Melissa's pediatrician and get a second opinion."

I sigh with relief. "Thank you. I'm really worried about her. When are you going to call?"

He looks at the time. "The office isn't open yet. I'll call right after I take a shower."

"Okay, I'll get Harper up, make you some coffee and see if I can get her to at least drink something. Then if you don't mind could you watch her while I get ready?"

"I could do that. But it'll cost you." He smirks.

"Oh, it will?"

"Uh huh." He says as he kisses the delicate spot below my right ear."

"What exactly do you want in return?" I giggle.

He leans over and whispers in my ear while gently running his fingers along by bare arm, causing goosebumps to form. I blush as soon as he finishes telling me his thoughts. "Uhmmmmm, I can do that. Later tonight, maybe?"

"Deal!" He then smiles that smiles that makes my heart skip a beat. "Can't wait for tonight."

I blush. "Okay, well then ah uhm why don't you hit the shower and meet me down in the kitchen when you're ready."

He leans over me and kisses Harper on the tip of her nose then brushes a brief kiss on my lips. "See you in bit. Don't forget to start...."

"Your coffee? I won't."

__________________

Hunter's POV

I can't believe my luck Dr. Fields had a cancellation so we can bring Harper in today! I call Dan and explain that Harper isn't getting any better and that I need to bring her in for a second opinion. He understands and asks that I call and tell him what we learn.

"Hey, babe." I say as I walk into the kitchen to find Harper sitting in her booster seat picking at some cheerios that are in front of her while Liddy is making me a cup of coffee.

"Here you go." She says as she hands me my morning dose of liquid caffeine. "What's up?"

"Thanks." I kiss her on her lips. "I was able to get Harper an appointment later this morning at 11:30 with Dr. Fields."

"That's awesome!" Will you be going into the studio then meeting Harper and I there. Or do you want Renee to take her, instead?"

I can't believe she needs to even ask me that? I walk over and pull her into my arms. "That's a silly question. I want you to go with me. I ALWAYS want you to be with me. Do you understand?"