Chapter 28

Liddy's POV

I just got off the phone with Liz. She agrees that I should call Hunter and see if Harper's home and if she is, to ask if I can visit with her and him. So I take a deep breath and let it out slowly. As I pick up my phone to call Hunter I notice my hand is shaking. Why was this so much easier to do, when I didn't know I loved him? I take one more deep breath and punch in his number.

After 4 rings he picks up. My heart stops when I hear his voice. I seriously have it bad for this guy.

"Hey Liddy, Happy Thanksgiving."

The tone in his voice makes me think he's excited that I called. "Hi, Happy Thanksgiving to you. Did you and Harper have fun at your parents?"

"We did. Harper especially. We watched the Macy's Day parade and she LOVED it. I wish you could have seen her. Every time she saw a big balloon character she would squeal, stand up on her tippy toes, hop a few times then run straight towards the television."

"Awwww, I bet she was adorable. Did you get it on video?"

"Honestly, I was having too much fun watching her I didn't even think about taking one, but my mom took a few."

"Would you mind asking her to send them to me? I'd love to see Harper all excited and being adorable."

"Of course I will. So what's up? Did you fall and twist your other ankle?"

I can hear his laughter on the other end of the line. "Ha Ha..... No, I didn't fall, again. I called because I've been missing Harper and you all day and was hoping she was back from her mom's so I could visit with her."

"I wish she was. But she's spending the night at Renee's. It was kind of a last minute decision. Her cousins, who are about her age, are visiting. I know she would have loved to see you. She asked about you all day, long."

"Oh darn." The disappointment is evident in my voice. "No worries. I'm glad she's spending time with her mom."

"So...Um....Ah..... What are you going to do for the rest of the evening then, since Harper's not here?"

Is it me or does Hunter suddenly sound nervous? "I'm not sure. Probably watch a movie or read a book. Nothing too exciting."

"Well, I'm planning on going to see Iron Man 4. You're welcome to join me if you like."

"I love the Iron Man movies. Iron Man 3 is one of my favorite movies of all times! I totally forgot that the newest one was out. Are you sure you don't mind me tagging along?"

"Not at all. It'll be fun." Hunter sounds excited, which makes me even more excited.

"What time does it start?" Please, let it be a later show. I need time to get ready!

"I was looking at the 8.35 PM show. Is that okay?"

I quickly calculate the time to get there and deduce that I have about 55 min to get ready. "Ah.... Sure. Should I just meet you by the garage?"

"That would be great. Why don't you meet me around 7:30 PM. That will give us plenty of time to get there, buy some snacks and find a seat in the back row, that's usually the best place for me to sit, less people recognize me."

"Oh okay, see you in a bit." I look at the clock, because he wants to leave early, I now only have 40 min to get ready. Yikes! "Bye, see you soon."

Hunter's POV

I'm super stoked that Liddy agreed to go to the movies with me. I've been sitting here for over an hour, trying to figure out a way to ask her to the movies, without it sounding like I was asking her out on a date. I couldn't think of anyway, then, out of the blue, she calls. This couldn't have worked out any better, if I had planned it this way. Thank you, lord!