Chapter 49

Hunter's POV

I smile. "Are you positive you are comfortable sharing my bed with Harper and me?"

"Yes, I'm sure." I'll sleep on the left side of Harps and you can sleep on the right. Is that okay?"

"That will work." I say as I walk to my closet. "I hope you don't mind if I put on some sweats and a t-shirt to sleep in?"

"Not at all. Go put on comfy clothes. I did before I dropped by."

"Thanks." I say as I grab my stuff from my closet and walk to the master bath to change and brush my teeth. When I return to the bedroom Liddy is curled up next to Harper again with her arm protectively laid over her. I quietly walk out into the hallway and take some extra blankets from the linen closet.

I carefully, drape one over Liddy and tuck it around her. She turns her head to look at me. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I whisper as I walk to my side of the bed. I snuggle up next to Harper and pull the second blanket over us. Liddy is so close I can hear her breathing and smell the faint scent of her perfume lingering in the air. Lord, help me! After several minutes of tossing and turning, I am still awake.

Liddy must have heard me because she lifts herself so she can see me. "What's wrong? Are you still worried about Harper?" She asks ever so softly.

I'm lying on my back staring at the ceiling because I'm afraid if I look at her, I will try to kiss her. "I'm worried about Harper, but that's not what's wrong. I just have a lot on my mind, that's all." I whisper.

"Oh, do you want to talk about it? Besides being a great book reader and Mario Kart player I am also a very good listener." She giggles.

I quietly laugh. "My god Liddy, What is it about you? How can you make me laugh and turn me on all at the same time?" I throw my arm over my face. I can't believe I just admitted that out loud!

"What did you say?I couldn't hear you." She asks innocently.

Thank you Lord! "I just said, only you could make me laugh at a time like this."

"I'll take that as a compliment.

"You should, you most definitely should."

"So do you want to talk about what's bothering you?

"Ah, no, it's not that important. We should both try to get some sleep. Who knows when Harper will wake up again?"

"Okay, good night, Hunter." She says with a yawn.

"Sweet dreams, Liddy." I say before rolling over as far away from her as I can without falling off the bed.

_____________________

Liddy's POV

I am startled awake when I feel Harper patting me on my shoulder.

"Lids, I need to go potty. Hurry!"

I immediately shoot straight up only to discover that Hunter has his arm laying protectively over not only Harper but me, as well. I take half a second to appreciate it, before I slide his arm over so I can scramble off the bed. Then I reach over and lift Harper into my arms. "Hold on Sweetie. Almost there."

When Harper is finished in the bathroom, I help her wash her hands and check her forehead. She still feels warm but not as bad as she was. "Are you hungry? Or would you like something to drink?"

"Both, Peez."

"Okay, both it will be." Not wanting to risk bringing Harper downstairs at Hunter's in case he has gifts out, since it's Christmas morning. I bring her to my apartment. How about some yogurt?"