Chapter 10

Hunter's POV

Tentatively, I knock on the play room door. Once I hear Liddy 's voice inviting us in, I turn the handle and motion for my mom to entire before and I follow right behind. The sound of voices prompts me to scan the room. When I discover the source of the noise, I can't believe what I see!

There in the over sized chair, is my daughter with her hair up in a ponytail, snuggled up in Liddy's lap listening to her read a book. I instantly notice that Harper is totally captivated with Liddy's storytelling. She's keeps looking at her lips, then the book, then back to Liddy's face. She isn't even aware that my mother and I have entered the room.

When mom gives me a nudge and whispers for me to look at what Harps is wearing, I glance over to discover she has on a pair of leggings and a loose fitting t-shirt. She kinda looks like a mini Liddy. I am so shocked that I just stand there with my mouth open for a few seconds.

As soon as Liddy finishes the book she looks up at me, blushing. She whispers something in Harper's ear and points in my direction. My baby girl giggles then runs towards me. I bend down and lift her into my arms. She has the biggest smile on her face.

"Dada, look pants like, Lid!" She says, pulling at the fabric of her leggings.

"I see them. They look beautiful on you!" I announce as I kiss the tip of her nose. She giggles. "Whose idea was it for you to change?" I ask, looking back and forth between Liddy and Harper.

"It was her idea. She wanted to play dress up, so we did. That is what she picked out to wear. "Did I do something wrong?" Liddy asks with deep concern in her voice.

I can tell from the look on her face that she thinks I am angry with her. "No, not at all! Actually, I am really happy. My mother and I have been trying to get Harper to wear something besides a dress, for over a year. Every time we asked the answer would always be "NO", until today. It appears you have the magic touch." I  wink.

______________

Lynette's POV

Ever since I entered the playroom, I've been standing watching my grand daughter and Liddy interact. It's pretty darn cute. Harper is full of smiles and giggles. I haven't seen her this comfortable with a woman, other than myself, for a very long time. She's definitely made it abundantly clear who she wants for a nanny.

Witnessing Liddy and Hunter steal looks at each other is adorable, too. There is so much chemistry between those two. I can't wait to see how long Hunter's vow to not get involved with anyone, especially the nanny, is going to last? I guess that really depends on whether Liddy is offered the job and she accepts it. I think I need to remind him to ask.

"Hey, Harper, why don't you take Liddy down to your bedroom and show her your pet fish, Romeo and Juliette."

"Okay Gammy. Lid come, pleez" Harper says as she sticks her hand out for Liddy to take.

Thankfully, Liddy accepts her hand and they head down the hallway. Skipping as they sing "Mary Had A Little Lamb."