Chapter 94

Hunter's POV

As I lay on the couch with Liddy snuggled up next to me, her head laying on my chest, I can't help but smile. We've been through so much yet we somehow always find our way back to each other.

"What are thinking about?" She asks while lightly running her index finger up and down my right arm.

"You and how blessed I am that you're here with me........God, you have no idea how much I've missed this."

She blushes. "Yay, I do."

I love knowing she's missed me as much as I've missed her.

"I love you, Hunter with all my heart."

"I love you too, babe." I say as I wrap my arms around her tight.

"So not to spoil this moment, but I have to ask. Are you positive that you want a life with me instead of Re..."

"Yes!!" I place my finger over her lips. "I have never been more sure of anything in my life. When you walked away, a part of me died. I tried so hard to hide my pain from everyone, but it was always there, just under the surface. The nights were the worst. There's was nothing to distract me so I would just lay in my bed and think about you and all the things I'd Iost."

She pulls herself closer to me. "I would do the exact same thing."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Why is that so hard for you to believe?"

"I don't know. I guess all the times you have left me has made me a bit insecure."

"I'm so sorry. I never meant to make you feel that way. I love you so much. More than I can ever tell you. All I want is for you to be happy.  Please believe that!"

"Okay, I will but I want you to promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Promise me that you'll stop sacrificing yourself to make me happy."

"What do you mean?"

"I want you to stop walking away from us. You did it when Kelly said she was pregnant because you thought I'd be happier with her. Then you did it again with Renee. You thought I'd be better off raising Harper with her. You CAN'T continue to do that. You need to trust me when I tell you, there is NO ONE who will ever make me happier than you." I place my hand gently along her jaw. "Please, believe me, you and Harper are my life. I can't live without either of you. "

"But..."

"NO buts. I know you think you're doing the right thing, but you're not. The right thing for me is you. It will always be you! Do you understand that? NO ONE can replace you. You complete me. So promise me that you won't keep walking away but instead you'll stay and fight for us."

"I promise." She says with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry for everything."

"Shh. I'm sorry too. We've both made mistakes. Now we need to learn from them and make sure that we don't repeat them."

"You're right. We need to start trusting our love and talking to each other more."

I grin. "I totally agree, especially the part about working on communicating better."

She starts to giggle. "You are insatiable."

"And you love that about me, right?"

"Absolutely." She says as she pulls me closer and kisses me deeply.