Chapter 60

Liddy's POV

Once I've fixed my make up, which surprisingly wasn't that bad, Hunter and I walk to the room, which is set up specifically for the auction dances. Even though it has been awhile, Liz, Joe, Lynette and Leo are still here.

"Oh, there you are." Liz says as she pulls me into a hug. "I was so worried about you. Where have you been?"

"I'm sorry. I've uhm, been talking with Hunter." I can feel my face turning pink.

She looks over at him and just smiles. "I think you may have been doing a bit more than talking. You left some lipstick on his cheek."

My face grows even redder. "So what did you two talk about? I know now's not the best time to tell me every detail, so just share the good stuff."

I giggle. "Well, let's see. I found out that Kelly has been lying to us this whole time. She and Hunter have not been dating nor have they slept together."

"No, way! But what about the photo of them in bed?"

"It's a long story, I'll tell you tomorrow." Then I glance over at Hunter who is talking with his parents. I can't stop smiling. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

"So should I assume from the grins on your faces and the lipstick on his cheek, that the "talk" that you had went well?" She jokes.

I shake my head, yes. "It went very well. He told me he loves me." I say excitedly.

Liz's face lights up as she hugs me. "I'm so happy for you two! You are perfect for each other."

"Thanks, I still can't believe that we are finally together. It feels so surreal."

"Well, believe it. That man adores you. He hasn't taken his eyes off of you."

I blush some more. "I'm pretty crazy about him to."

"Then what are you doing talking to me. Go dance with your boyfriend. You can fill me in on all the details tomorrow."

"Okay, I can do that. I promise."

 As soon as I finish with Liz, Hunter is by side, reaching for my hand. "Did you tell Liz our good news?"

"Good news? Do we have any good news to share?" I say coyly.

"Oh, aren't you just the jokester." He says as he pulls me onto the dance floor. "You're lucky we are in public, otherwise I would be tickling you right now."

I giggle. "Of course I told Liz, silly. She's really happy for us. What about your parents? Did you say anything?"

"I had planned to, but they had already figured it out."

"How did they do that?"

"I had mentioned to my dad, while we were waiting in line to pay for our bids, that Kelly had been creating lies to keep us apart. So they've been waiting, hoping  to hear that we worked things out. Then according to my mom, as soon as we walked into the room she knew for certain we had, because it's written all over our faces."

"Well, that's not the only thing on your face." I say before I take my thumb and wipe away the tiny bit of lipstick on his cheek. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay. I still love you, even though you are a sloppy kisser." He grins then pulls me closer.

"I guess I'm going to need more practice, so I can improve."

"Well, I volunteer to help you with that." He says as we both begin to snicker.