Chapter 35

Liddy's POV

I'm startled awake by an incessant knocking at my door. Who could it be, this early in the morning? Then I look at my clock. It's 10:15!!! Oh my God! "Coming." I yell as I rush to throw a bathrobe on and answer the door.

"There you are. I was about to go ask Hunter to let me in." Liz says as she walks into my kitchen. "Why aren't you dressed? We're suppose to be taking Harper to the mall in 25 minutes."

"I know! I over slept." I say as I grab a bottle of water from my refrigerator. My mouth feels like it's full of cotton balls. That stupid champagne.

"Liddy, you never oversleep. What's up?"

"Give me 10 minutes to get ready then, I will fill you in." I say as I close my bathroom door and take a quick shower.

Several minutes later I emerge from my bedroom wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans with brown cowboy boots and a green loose fitting long sleeve top. My damp hair is pulled into a messy bun. I have the usual amount of makeup on, just some eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner, and pink lip gloss. "I'm ready."

"It's about time." Liz exclaims. "I'm dying to hear all about last night."

At the mention of last night, I blush. I can't believe I kissed Hunter, but at the same time I'm so glad that I did. It was the most amazing kiss that I have ever had. Everything about it was perfect from the way he pulled my body closer to his, to the hint of cinnamon mixed with the fruitiness of the champagne, I  tasted when Hunter deepened our kiss.

"So are you going to stand there with that big goofy smile or are you going to tell me what happened?"

"Oops, sorry. I had a wonderful time. Hunter was absolutely gorgeous. He wore a black suit and gray striped tie with a white shirt. You were right. I practically drooled."

"Well, do you think he liked what you wore?" She anxiously asks.

I shake my head, yes. "I wasn't sure at first because he didn't say anything to me for awhile. He kind of just stared at me. Eventually, I couldn't take the silence any more so I asked him if something was wrong. That's when he said he couldn't find the words to tell me how beautiful I was." I blush as I think about how his comment made me feel.

"I knew you would knock his socks off." She says with a grin. "So what else happened?"

"Hold on, just let me text Hunter to see if Harper is ready then I will fill you in on the rest of the night." I then pull out my phone and look at it for the first time today. There's a message from Hunter. I hold my breath as I read what he sent me last night.

H: Hey, I just wanted you to know that I had so much fun tonight! Please don't let the kiss make things awkward between us. I promise I won't.

I can't stop smiling. He is so sweet. I text him back.

L: Sorry, I just read this. I had a great time, too!! I promise no awkwardness. Thanks for being so understanding.

I then realize I forgot to ask him about Harper so I immediately send him another text.

L: Liz and I are ready to take Miss Harper shopping if she's ready. Let me know when we can come to get her?

I then place my phone back in my pocket and look over at my sister who's patiently waiting for me to finish my story. "So where did we I leave off?

_________________________________

Hunter's POV

"Hi, son. Sorry we're late, but a certain little girl didn't want me to fix her hair or help her get dressed this AM. I think the terrible 2's are almost upon us." My mom says with a laugh.