Chapter 22

Hunter's POV

"Thanks mom for watching Harper while I took a shower. I never thought I would get so dirty and sweaty moving a few pieces of furniture."

"It probably wouldn't have been so bad, except that Liddy's old apartment was on the third floor with no elevator. So you had to carry it down 3 flights of stairs, load it into the truck and then carry it up one more flight to the garage apartment." My dad reminds me.

"Good point."

"Hunter, do you happen to know why Craig didn't help Liddy' move today?" My mom asks.

"I think I heard her sister tell one of the guys that he is out of town but I'm not sure so don't quote me on that."

"Oh, that's why. I was thinking that they might have broken up and that was why he wasn't around."

"What makes you say that?"

"The last time we saw Liddy was the weekend that she and Craig had the fight in the apartment. It was a pretty bad fight according to your dad." I look over at my dad who confirms what my mom said with a nod. "When we picked her up to take her and Harper to the airport the next day, it was obvious that she had been crying. We didn't say anything to her, but we both had our suspicions."

"She has never said that they've broken up, so I assume they are still together."

"Okay, you would know better than us. You see her every day. Well, your dad and I should head home. You look really tired. Why don't you go and lie down while Harper is taking her nap?"

"I might just do that. Thanks again for helping me with her." I give each of them a hug and walk them to the door. " Oh, are you still going to be able to watch Harper, Friday night when I take Liddy to MK's?"

"Absolutely! We're looking forward to spending more time with our beautiful granddaughter. See you on Thanksgiving, if not before. Love you. Bye." 

Liddy's POV

Everyone is finally gone except for my sister, who decided to stay to help me make up my bed and put a few more things away.

"Can you believe how much we were able to get accomplished today? The guys did such a great job moving my furniture in and setting it up. I owe them big time. Maybe I can have them over for dinner when the tour takes a break in December."

"That's a great idea. I'm sure they'll appreciate it." Liz says while stuffing a pillow into a pillowcase. "Did you notice that Hunter set up your TV for you?"

"No. I didn't. That was so nice of him." I can't help but smile. "Actually, I'm really glad he did, though. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to figure it out." I giggle as I pull the bottom sheet on to my mattress.

"Did you happen to notice how Hunter just stared at you whenever you held Harper, today? It seemed like he never wanted to let you out of his site. I swear he would still be here if Harps didn't need a nap. He has such a crush on you."

"Stop it Liz. No, he doesn't." You can hear the anger in my voice. "We're just friends. He's my boss."

"I dare you to ask anyone else that was here today. They would all say the same thing. Hunter Hayes is crazy about you. It's so obvious. Neither of you are doing a very good job of hiding it."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know exactly what I mean. Liddy, you and Hunter are starting to develop feelings for each other. You couldn't take your eyes off of him, either. You can deny it all you want, but I know what I saw. Heck, there were so many sparks flying between you two, I am surprised something didn't catch on fire."