Chapter 83

***Tissue Alert****

Hunter's POV

As I sit here watching Liddy cry, feeling helpless because she won't let me console her, I begin to really think about some of the questions that she's asked me. Why did I ask Renee to come to the park with Harper and I? I've never done that before. My god she had just tried her best to seduce me a few hours before, I should have been angry, but I wasn't. I should have wanted to stay away from her, but I didn't.

Is Liddy right? Do I still have feelings for Renee? Ren seems to think I do. She believes I would have stayed with her last night, if I wasn't engaged to Liddy. Is she right? God, I don't want to think she is, but if I'm being completely honest I am finding myself thinking about Ren and our life before the divorce, a lot recently.

When Lid gets up to grab some tissues I can see what a toll all this has taken on her. She looks gaunt. Her normally beautiful skin is now pale and has lost its glow. I can tell she's lost weight maybe 3 to 5 pounds which is not good since she's petite to start with.

"Sorry about that. I think I'm better now. Can we still talk or are you too tired?" She asks as she returns to sit in the chair, in front of me.

"No, I'm fine. I'd like to continue. I really want to work this out."

"Okay. Do you mind if I ask you a few more questions? I need some clarity on some of the things you told me last night."

"Not at all. What would you like to know?"

"How did you feel when Renee told you she was still in love with you and wanted you back?"

"I was shocked."

"That's it? That's all you felt was shock. Nothing else?"

"I also became angry when she admitted she left me because she resented me for not standing up for her to my fans that were bullying her."

"Why would that make you so mad?"

"I'm not sure, really. It just did." Please lord, let her accept that answer. Don't have her pursue this!

"Hunter, you promised to tell me the truth."

"It's nothing, really."

"Please stop lying to me through omission and just tell me!" She demands.

I take a deep breath. "I was angry because if she had said something, I might have been able to fix it. Then we may not have divorced."

When I look at Liddy, I can see the hurt on her face, from my confession. "Do you still love her?" She whispers.

"I'm in love with you."

"That's not what I asked. Do you still love your ex wife?"

"I don't hate her any more, now that I know the reasons why she acted the way she did. I hurt her terribly. I deserved what I got."

"I seriously doubt that." She mumbles. "So I'm going to assume that you do still love her, since you keep beating around the bush."

"Babe, you're the only one that I'm in love with. You're my future. Renee was my past."

"God, I wish I could believe that."

"You can. I love you with my whole heart."

"I'm not so sure about that any more." She says with tears in her eyes.

"Why do you keep saying that? Why do you suddenly doubt my love for you?"

"Because of all the things that you have done recently. You keep saying you love me with your words, but your actions say something completely different." She wipes a tear from her face. "You're pre occupied all the time and you..."