Chapter 62

Hunter's POV

We're back on tour and I'm happier that I have ever been. I get to perform my music to the most amazing fans and then spend every day with my two favorite girls. It's just like we're a family. During the day I devote as much time as I can with them; just playing with Harper and trying to make each of them laugh. Then in the evenings, no matter what time I get back to the bus, Liddy wakes up and we talk. Sometimes for hours, I swear I could listen to her sweet voice everyday for the rest of my life.

So it's no surprise to me that I've been thinking about marriage a lot lately. I know most people would say we haven't known each other long enough to even consider getting married which I would agree with if we were in our early 20's, but we've not. I know who I am now and what I need to make me happy when I was younger I didn't have a clue, not really.

I was silly enough to marry Renee right after I turned 23. If I had waited a few more years I know I never would have because we grew into very different people as we matured. But because I didn't wait I at least have Harper, so I guess the saying 'Every cloud has a silver lining' is true.

"Hey Hun." God, I love when she calls me that. "Liz just called and she wants to throw me a party for my birthday next week. I wish she wouldn't, but she insists and promises it will be small. Do you think there might be some room in your schedule where we could fly to Nashville for a few hours or a day? Or should Harper and I just plan to go without you?"

"Uhm, I not sure. It seems like Betsy has something planned for me constantly."

She walks over and curls up next to me on the couch. "I know she does. I wish you would take it easy. You really do work too much."

"I know I do, but the problem is I love it. It doesn't feel like work."

"I know it doesn't but when you have to drink as much coffee as you do in a day with 3 or more shots of espresso just to keep yourself going, then you are doing too much. I worry about you. PLEASE, after this tour ends in 6 weeks, promise me you will lighten up your schedule."

I laugh because when she finishes she gives me her best puppy dog eye look. "Hey, that's not fair! Puppy Dog Eyes aren't allowed."

"Oh yes they are. Everything is fair in love and war."

"Oh really." I say right before I begin tickling her. By now I know where all her really ticklish spots are so it doesn't take long for her to start squealing.

"Hunnnterr, ssstoppp. I'm gooooing to wwwake HHHarperrr."

"We wouldn't want that, now would we." I whisper. "I guess I need to find something less noisy for us to do then."

------------------

Liddy's POV

Once he stops tickling me I stare into his stormy gray blue eyes and bite my bottom lip. We both know where this is leading and neither of us can stop ourselves. Hunter quickly moves so that I'm lying on my back and he's poised next to me. When he crashes his lips to mine, I can taste the subtle hint of blueberries from the coffee he drank a few minutes ago. That combined with the woodsy scent of his cologne instantly sweeps me away.

As our kiss becomes more intense, Hunter gathers me closer. Now, every inch of our bodies are touching and I shiver from the sheer pleasure it brings. The small circles he is tracing on my lower back are sending tiny little shock waves through my body, causing me to gasp.