Chapter 32

Liddy's POV

"How do I look?"

"OH MY GOD, Liddy! You look so beautiful. That dress was made for you. The length is perfect. It hits you mid thigh so it's not too short. The one bare shoulder is going to drive Hunter insane. If you had gone with a completely strapless dress, I think it would have looked like you were trying to hard. Then the slit in the long sleeve and the sparkle on the cuff adds just a hint of sexy but not too much. On top of all that the black color looks amazing against your skin tone."

"Are you absolutely sure, Liz? What about these 1 ½ inch heels, are they okay? Normally I would wear a 3 inch heel because I am so short, but I don't dare to tonight with my ankle. Is black okay or should I have picked silver shoes?" I'm starting to ramble because I am so worried.

"Look at me. Everything looks amazing, even down to your silver clutch and black shawl. I wouldn't change a thing. Hunter will love it. I wish I could be a fly on the wall so I could see his face when he looks you. Be sure to keep your phone near by. He might have a heart attack and you may need to call 911." She says with a smirk.

Only Liz can make me laugh at a time like this. "I just don't want to look slutty or look like I'm trying too hard to get his attention."

"Lindsay Irene Deans! There is not a slutty bone in your body so stop talking like that. You're a classy lady and you know it. Jan raised both of us that way. As for your comment about working too hard to get Hunter's attention........Girl you could wear a paper sack and you would get his attention. He's crazy about you."

I'm so anxious I can't sit down. "What time is it?"

Liz looks at her phone. "It's time for me to go and you to relax. He should be here in 10 minutes."

"Are you sure you can't stay until he gets here?" I nervously ask.

Liz just laughs. "No, you're 28 almost 29 years old. You don't need me here. You will be fine. Just breathe and spend these last few minutes putting on your perfume and thinking about how handsome he is going to look. I'm guessing that you are going to be doing a bit of drooling yourself.

I can't help but giggle. "Okay, thanks so much for doing my hair and makeup. I love you."

"Love you, too. Now, don't forget I'm coming here tomorrow around 11 AM so we can take Harper shopping for some clothes. So make sure there are no male visitors still hanging a round by that time."

"Ha Ha, very funny, Liz." I walk to the door to let her out. "Like that would happen."

"You never know." She gives me a hug and closes the door behind her.

"Okay, Liddy... You got this." I say to myself.

Hunter's POV

"How do I look, Cole?" He lifts his head for a moment, to acknowledge I spoke to him then he lays it back down to continue with his nap. I just laugh. "Thanks for all the encouragement, buddy."

I chose to wear my black Michael Kors suit with a white shirt and a gray striped tie. I'm using the custom tie tack with my HH emblem on it that Renee and Harper gave me for my first Father's day. It's one of the only things I kept from Renee. I couldn't part with it because every time I look at it I think of Harper.

Recently, I've noticed that ever since Liddy came into our lives I haven't given Renee or our past life much thought. I'm finally at the point were I can say that we are all better off, now that we are divorced. Harper is far happier with Liddy in her life and so am I.

There are so many things about Liddy that makes her special. I can't believe I've wasted so much time fighting my feelings for her. She generous with her time and honest to a fault, when she loves something, she loves it with her whole heart. Her laugh is infectious and her smile is alluring. She is someone that lights up a room when she walks into it.