Chapter 39

Liddy's POV

It's been eleven days since my mishap in the studio parking lot. I still have a huge bruise, but at least I can walk without a limp. Living on the bus, with Hunter in such close quarters has proven to be far harder than I thought it would be. It seems like every time I turn around he is there smiling that smile that melts my heart or he's trying to make me laugh.

I've even heard him humming Hearts and Rockets, several different times this past week. It's not uncommon for him to hum or sing softly to himself, but it has always been one of his current songs, never any of his older stuff. A small part of me wants to think he's doing it because he knows I love that song, but then I remember Kelly and I quickly let that childish idea go.

He still hasn't mentioned Kelly to me, but I doubt he will until he absolutely has to. I haven't overheard him talking to her, thank god. The few times I have seen his phone light up with a text from her has almost sent me running to my bunk in tears.

As much as I try to concentrate only on Harper, I can't. I constantly find myself watching him out of the corner of my eye. When he walks by me and I smell his cologne, I am immediately reminded of Thanksgiving break and all the wonderful times we had. When I am going to stop caring for Hunter?

Thankfully, Harper and I leave tomorrow morning for Nashville. Leo and Lynette will meet us at the airport, then take Harper to their house or Renee's while I go to my apartment. This weekend Liz and I are planning to shop for our gowns for the St Jude's fundraiser. This year's theme is a formal Black and White Ball.

Since it's going to be a Ball, Liz says I should bring a date. I don't even want to think about that now, because the only person I want to go with is Hunter. I just need more time to get over him. I'm sure by the time it rolls around I'll find someone to ask or hopefully, someone will ask me.

"Lids, I'm hungy." Harper asks as she rubs her eyes.

"Hey there sleepy head. How was your nap?"

"Good, but I'm hungy."

"Well, let's see what we can do about that." I say as I reach into my bag and grab some animal crackers and blueberries. "Which would you like?"

"Both." She says with a smile that is starting to look more like her dad's every day.

My heart melts. I love this little girl so much. "Okay, let's wash your hands first, then go sit at the desk to eat."

She nods her head and scrambles to the edge of the bed and lowers herself to the floor. She's growing up so fast. She doesn't need my help getting off or on the bed. That makes me a bit sad.

After Harper's snack, we get ready to go to the zoo. It's one of the rare occasions when the band doesn't need to perform until tomorrow night. So we are all staying at a hotel located near Zoo Atlanta. The plan is for all of us to meet in the lobby around 12:30, right after Hunter returns from his radio station interview.

I'm really glad the guys from the band are coming along. Otherwise it would be very difficult going with just Hunter and Harper and try to keep things professional. Before, I discovered he was with Kelly I would have jumped at the chance to go to a zoo just the 3 of us. But not anymore, now I have to avoid spending time a lone with Hunter as much as possible. I'm never going to stop loving him, if I don't.

My phone chimes. It's a text from Hunter.

H: I'm down in the lobby. Do you want to meet me here or should I come get you and Harper?

God, why does he have to be so sweet and say things that make me feel like we are a couple? He's making it so difficult for me to move on. After I throw a couple of sweatshirts in a bag, I text him back.