Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Liddy's POV

Harper and I are sitting on the tarmac waiting for the plane Hunter chartered to take off. My eyes are still red and puffy from my earlier conversation with Craig. Since Harper is less than 2 years old she didn't notice, but I know Lynette and Leo did. Thankfully they didn't say anything. For now, I don't want anyone, besides my sister to know that Craig and I broke up. I just want to avoid all the questions.

As for the break up, it ended up being a mutual decision. Craig had pretty much come to the same conclusion that I did, that even though we cared deeply for each other, we wanted very different things from life. He wants to concentrate on his career and travel abroad, before settling down. Children aren't even on his radar. As for me, I can't imagine my life without them.

My thoughts are interrupted by Harper's little hand tugging on my arm. "Lids, will it hurt Jazzy when you fix her?" She asks while rubbing her chin over the Band Aid that Renee had put over Jazzy's "injured" ear.

"Oh Cutie Pie, don't worry. I'll be extra careful with her. She will be fine"

"You promise?"

I can see the concern in her eyes, so I reach over to hold her hand. "Yes, I promise."

"Tanks." She smiles and her body relax.

It makes me feel amazing that she trusts me. I wish her father could. Why does that bother me so much that he doesn't? Liz thinks it's because I'm starting to develop romantic feelings for Hunter. Am I? I know I admire him, immensely. He's an amazing person and a wonderful dad. He is generous and incredibly handsome, but that doesn't mean I'm falling in love with him. Does it?

I hear Harper's stomach growl. "Hey Sweetie, I brought some snacks would you like something to eat?"

"Yes."

"What do we say?"

"Yes, peez"

"That's my polite little girl." Her face lights up when she realizes she's made me proud. "What would you like cheese or apple?" 

"Apple, peez!"

After eating a few pieces of her snack, Harper looks at me. "When will I get to see daddy? I missed him and you so much."

"Awwww, Sweetie, I missed you too! I know your daddy missed you bunches. I'm sure he told you every day when he talked with you on the phone."

"Yup." She nodded.

I finally hear the plane's engines start to power up. "We should be home soon Harps and you can see your daddy. Why don't you let me read you a story?" She shakes her head and immediately snuggles up next to my arm with Jazzy tucked under her chin. I open one of several books I brought and start to read. Before I am half way through the story, she is sound a sleep.

This has been such an emotional day for me. Realizing that Craig and I have no future together was upsetting enough. Now Liz has me second-guessing how I feel towards Hunter and wondering if he could have feelings for me. It's really too much to handle right now. So I close my eyes and pray that with sleep I can find some clarity.

Hunter's POV

"Hunter, are you ready? You're on in 5."

"Ah, yay, I'm ready. Thanks for the heads up, Tim." Actually I am beyond ready for tonight's performance. I am pumped. Even after all these years, I still love what I do. My fans are incredible. They cheer, make signs, give me gifts and know the words to every one on my songs. I can't believe how blessed I am to do this for a living. I love it so much. It doesn't even seem like work.