Chapter 109

Hunter's POV

"Hey, Babe. How're feeling?"

"Fine." Liddy sighs. "I guess."

"What do you mean? Is something wrong? " I ask as I slide next to her, on our bed and wrap my arms around her. Pulling her close.

"No nothing's wrong except that I'm huge and look like a beached whale."

I want to laugh at her comment but manage not to. I know how sensitive she is right now. "No you don't. You look beautiful."

"Oh Hunt! How can you say that? My ankles and face are swollen and my belly is so large. It looks like I have 2 basketballs stuffed under my shirt."

I squeeze her tight, then reach out to run my hand over her extremely round belly. "Did you hear that? Your mom just compared you two to basketballs."

"Oh stop." She says as she swats at my hand. "I was not referring to our babies as basketballs."

I laugh. "I know you weren't. I just like to tease you."

"I know you do."

"So truthfully, how are you feeling?"

"Okay I guess. The nurse says my blood pressure is high, but not too bad."

"That's good news."

"Yea, it is. I'm just really having a hard time getting comfortable today and I'm so bored. Having to rest so much is starting to get to me."

"I know it is." I say as I lean over and kiss her forehead. "You've been such a trooper. I can't believe everything you've gone through. You have no idea how proud I am of you. I love you so much."

"I love you, too." She mutters as she lays her head on my chest and begins to play with the cross hanging around my neck. The one she gave me for our one year wedding anniversary.

As she snuggles in next to me, trying to somehow find a comfortable position, I gently rub her back hoping to alleviate some of the lower back pain she's been experiencing the last few months.

"Mmmm, that feels so good."

I smile, happy that I can help relieve at least some of her pain. She's been through so much over the last 15 months, trying to have a baby. The disappointment and despair of two failed IVF procedures, took a toll on her emotionally, the first one being unsuccessful and the second one resulting in a miscarriage at 6 weeks.

"So the twins seem to be really active today." I say when I notice her grimace slightly as one of the babies kick.

"They are, more so over the last day or two. I'm starting to get nervous."

Knowing she's concerned about going into labor too soon. I pull her close and kiss her forehead. "It's going to be okay. Don't worry. Remember what Dr. Ellbin said. Everything should be fine as long as you made it to 33 weeks, which you did. You're now almost at week 36!"

"I know what she said, but I still want to hold off for as long as I can. I'm worried about how developed their lungs are and what their birth weight will be, if I go too soon."

"They'll be absolutely fine. I'm sure of it. Perfect just like you."

She smiles, but I can see the uncertainty in her eyes, although she tries to hide it from me.

"So what is Harper doing?"

"She and your step mom were getting ready to take CJ for a walk."

"Awe that's nice. He certainly NEEDS the exercise." She giggles. "Is it just me, but I don't remember Cole being so energetic?"