Chapter 66

Liddy's POV

The last few hours have been a blur. Hunter had Betsy on speakerphone the whole drive here. They discussed the best way to introduce me to his fans. Should I walk the red carpet with him? Or just stand next to him while he did interviews. Since I wasn't too keen on either of those ideas, we finally decided that Shelley and I would stay with Betsy, off to the side while Hunter and Ryan walked the red carpet, posed for photos and talked with the entertainment reporters.

Then we would meet up with the guys just inside the building and walk to our seats. When they finally did join us, Hunter held my hand and tried to reassure me that everything would be fine. But it didn't really help. I'm still so worried about his fans opinion of me that I don't even think I've smiled once all night.

"So Hunter is up next." Shelley says from the seat that Hunter once occupied.

"What are you doing here? You're suppose to be with Ryan."

"I know how nervous you are about tonight so Ryan and I agreed that I would come sit with you until Hunter gets back."

"Are you sure that Ryan is okay with this?"

"Yes, absolutely."

I lean over and give her a hug. "Thank you! I really could use the support. I feel like everyone's cell phone cameras are pointed at me. I'm terrified to go on twitter to see what's going on. Have you looked?"

"Uhm, ah, It's fine. Nothing to worry about." 

I can tell she's lying to protect me so I don't call her on it. "I think I'll wait and see what the buzz is later tonight."

"Good idea.... Just sit back and enjoy watching your super hunky boyfriend perform."

I can't help but giggle. "So you think my boyfriend is hunky?"

"Well, he's not Ryan, who I think is the sexiest man alive, but Hunter is definitely a cutie pie."

"Ryan, the sexiest man alive? Oh Lord you got it bad for him, don't you?"

"Yay, I do." She blushes. "I'm crazy right? I've only known him for 3 days and I'm already dreading going back to Virginia."

"Everything is going to be fine. I am willing to bet that Ryan is just as crazy about you."

"Gosh, I hope so."

"Trust me, he is. Ryan has talked to Hunter all about it. I'll fill you in on the juicy details after his performance, which is starting now! 

________________

Hunter's POV

The Grammy's were fun. I loved that Liddy was there with me. Even though she, herself was nervous, she was able to keep me calm. I don't know how she does it but she always gives me a sense of peace. Whenever I'm with her I feel safe, loved and respected, something I never had with Renee.

Thankfully, she hasn't brought up Harper's comment yet and we are almost home. It probably slipped her mind. I know she is super worried about how my fans feel about her. I've tried to reassure her that I don't care what they think because I love her and that's all that counts, but it doesn't seem to help.

"Hey, Hun." She says with a yawn. "When are we going to talk about Harper's comment earlier tonight?"

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that, with all the excitement of the Grammy's." Lord, please forgive me for that little white lie. "Uhm, yay, so ah....we can chat about it whenever you want.