Chapter 102

Liddy's POV

"I hope you're ready for this?" I giggle as I motion for Liz to come inside.

"Woah!! Where did all of these come from?" She asks referring to the numerous white pumpkins of all different shapes and sizes scattered around Hunter's Living Room.

"Three different local farmers. There are over 130 of them. Leo and a few of his friends picked them up yesterday for me."

"Holy cow, we have to decorate all of these?"

I shake my head, yes. "We're going to need to put ribbon and beads on quite a few, stencil H's and L's on a few and apply glitter to about half of them."

"This is going to take days?"

"I hope not. I really think with the help of Stephanie, Melissa, Lynette, Jessica, Kate, plus you and I, we can get most of them done today."

"When is everyone else suppose to get here?"

I look at my phone to check the time. "I said 9:00 AM, so in about 15 minutes."

"Oh good. We're going to need to get started soon, in order to have at least half a chance of finishing them!"

"It's okay if we don't decorate all of them today. As long as we can get around 75 done, I should be able to do the rest by myself, since I'll be here in Nashville till Wednesday."

"Why till then? You usually fly home for the weekend and leave either on Sunday night or Monday morning to meet Hunter, at whatever city he is performing in."

"I'm staying longer because he and I have an appointment to meet with Dr. Elben, our fertility doctor, to hear the results of all the preliminary tests I had done."

"Wow, that was quick. I figured it would have taken a lot longer."

"It should have, but Cassie Kelley, Charles from Lady Antebellum's wife called Dr. Elben and asked her to squeeze me into her schedule, as a personal favor."

"That was really nice of her."

"I know! It was super nice of her." I say as I begin to plug in the 3 hot glue guns we will need to attach the beads and ribbons to the pumpkins. "She and Charles are such a sweet couple. They went through so much to have their son. I think she said it took them around 5 or 6 years, to get pregnant. I pray Hunter and I don't have as hard of a time."

"You won't."

"I hope you're right, because I don't have 5 or 6 years to keep trying. I'm almost 30. After the age 35 they don't like to even consider In Vitro as an option because the success rate is so low."

"Don't worry. You'll get pregnant. I just know it. If anyone is born to be a mother it is you."

"Thanks. Let's just hope that god feels the same way."

"He does I'm sure of it." She smiles as she gives me a hug.

___________________

Hunter's POV

"Hey Lid, you've been awfully quiet since we left Dr. Elben's office. Is something wrong?"

"Oh no, nothing's wrong. I'm just thinking about some of the stuff the doctor said."

"Anything in particular?"

"A few things." She mutters. "Nothing we need to discuss right now."

"Are you sure, because we certainly have the time? It's going to take us at least 30 minutes to drive to my parent's house to get Harper, since the traffic is so bad."