Chapter 65

Liddy's POV

"Shelley, are you sure my makeup looks okay? What about my gown? Is it too much?" I ask nervously.

"Lid, calm down. You look absolutely beautiful. Everything is perfect, from your hair, to your make up, to your gown, to your shoes. You have nothing to worry about."

I take a deep breath and release it slowly. "I wish I could calm down, but once Hunter's fans see a photo of us together we're going to be all over Twitter and Instagram. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that? I thought I was. I told Hunter I was, but now I just don't know."

"Come talk to me, please." She says as she pats the cushion next to her.

I do as she requests and sit next to her on the couch. "Shell, what am I going to do if they don't like me? I'm so afraid that their opinions of Hunter and I will affect his career? I don't think I could live with myself if I was responsible for hurting Hunter's popularity with his fans."

"Hey, dating Hunter is not going to be easy. He has millions of girls who love him and dream about having a life with him. So you will encounter, unfortunately a lot of his fans that won't like you for no other reason than you are his girlfriend and not them. They're going to pick on the color of your hair, your voice, what you wear, how you smile, any silly thing they can think of to try and justify their jealousy."

"But what you have to keep telling yourself is that they don't know you! They don't know that you make him smile brighter than the sun. They don't know that you watch out for him and try to keep him from pushing himself too hard. They don't know the real relationship you have with Hunter because they don't want to know, because if they do then they will have to admit that their dream of being his girlfriend is futile."

"I know what you are saying is true. Hunter has said similar things to me already. I guess his fans were horrible to Renee when they were dating. But no matter how hard I try to ignore their comments, I know I won't be able too. Eventually, I'll read some of them and it's going to hurt."

"It will at times and when it does, you need to find the faithful fans that will be supporting you and Hunter, which there will be millions. Look to them for the love and support that you and I know you deserve. They will defend you. They'll have your back for no other reason than Hunter is happier because of you."

"You make it sound so easy."

"Trust me. I know it will be anything but easy. You will just have to CONSTANTLY keep reminding yourself of the things Hunter and Harper say. They really are the only two opinions in your life that should matter."

"You're right. I can't let comments from people I don't know, hurt me. As long as I know that I'm making Hunter happy then they can think what ever they want."

"Exactly."

"Thanks Shell." I say as I lean over to give her a hug. "You are such a good friend."

"Well, you're a great friend, too and a really awesome matchmaker."

"Are you blushing? Oh my god you are! See I told you that you and Ryan would hit it off."

"He is too good to be true! I find myself wanting to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. Liddy, he opens doors for me. Helps me with my chair and actually makes me feel like he is interested in what I have to say!"

I laugh. "It looks like someone is smitten."

"You could say that. He asked me to be his date tonight, but I told him, no."