Chapter 18

Warning: there's a small intimate scene. I tried to keep it tasteful.

Hunter's POV

I am in shock! Kelly is here on my bus acting like we're best friends. She gave me a hug that personally lasted too long for my comfort. Heck if I'm being honest, I wish she hadn't hugged me at all. I seriously can't believe she is here. What does she want? After the passionate kiss a month ago, I called her and told her that I was uncomfortable with what she did in front of Harper and that I thought it was best if we just stopped seeing each other.

That was the last time I spoke with her. She texted me a few times that she was sorry and wanted to talk to me more about it, but I just declined to respond to her. She finally stopped trying to contact me. I thought I would never see her again, yet here she is sitting across from me at the kitchen table.

The guys along with Jessica just cleared out. I can hear them jammin in my studio/bedroom at the back of the bus. I am guessing they're trying to make enough noise so Kelly and I can talk without being overheard.

"So Kelly, what are you doing here?" I ask as I rub my neck. I am starting to develop a tension headache.

She smiles her biggest smile. "I came because I wanted to talk to you in person. I wanted to apologize again for how I acted that day in the studio parking lot. I never should have kissed you so passionately. I am sorry."

I would really like to believe that her apology is sincere, but I don't. I can't quite figure it out. It's just a feeling I have. "Well, you came to talk so let's talk. Why exactly did you kiss me that day? Other than 1 quick kiss on the cheek, I have NEVER given you any reason to think that I wanted to become physically intimate with you. So please explain to me why you thought it was ok to kiss me like we were lovers?" By now I am so upset you can hear the anger in my voice and I don't even care.

"I don't know exactly what came over me, maybe I was a little jealous. All I know is when I saw how Liddy was looking at you I didn't like it. You and I were dating and she had no right to try and come between us. I just wanted her to back off. So I figured if she saw how close we were she would stay away from you. I couldn't think of any other way to prove to her that we were together, other than kiss you passionately. So I did. Now, that I have had time to think about it more I realize I acted impulsively and never should have kissed you like that in front of Harper. I am sorry."

"Kelly, you shouldn't have kissed me at all!!! I think we have VERY DIFFERENT views on what we were to each other. I personally have NEVER thought of you as anything but a friend. I am sorry if you thought differently. That's why I NEVER tried to kiss you on the lips or held your hand. We were just casual friends, NOT two people in a relationship."

Her eyes start to fill with tears. "But Hunter, we could be more than friends all we need is more time and for Liddy to stay away from you. Please, give us another chance!"

"Kelly, I don't know why you feel that Liddy is after me. She's not. She has a boyfriend. You saw him at the studio parking lot."

"It is so obvious, how she looks at you. She's falling for you, Hunter and you're falling for her, too."