Chapter 26

Thanksgiving Day

Hunter's POV

Harper and I are celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. My mom and aunts are in the kitchen cooking a wonderful dinner while Harper and I are hanging out with my dad, grand parents and a few cousins. We're watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV. Harper is loving it. She's literally squealing with excitement whenever she sees a balloon character she likes.

"Look daddy, look!" She says while running to the TV pointing at it. "Soopy!"

We all just giggle. Her eyes are as large as saucers. She can't help but hop around she's so overwhelmed. "Yes, baby girl that's Snoopy."

"Look Gammy." She runs into the kitchen and pulls my mom into the living room. "It's Soopy!"

My mom kneels down next to Harper and kisses her cheek. "I see Snoopy, He's so big. Have you seen Garfield, yet? "

"Yes, and people dancing and Mickey!"

"You know Hunter, you use to get as excited as Harps when you watched this parade when you were her age. " My mom said. " You always asked us to take you there and we never made time to do it. Your dad and I still regret that. Don't we Leo?"

"Yes, we do." Dad says.

My mom pulls her phone out of her pocket and starts to record Harper dancing around and pointing at the TV. "Have you ever thought about taking her to see the parade, in person?" She asks when she's finished videotaping Harps.

I'm a bit surprised by her suggestion at first. We have always celebrated Thanksgiving together in either Louisiana or Tennessee but the more I think about how much fun Harper would have the more excited I get. "No I haven't, but I think it's an awesome idea."

Before we can discuss it any more, we hear one of my Aunts calling from the dining room. "Dinner is ready. Time to come eat."

__________________________________________________________________________

"It was so good seeing everyone today. Harper had a blast being the center of everyone's attention, but it sure wiped her out. Thanks for putting her down for a quick nap, dad."

"My pleasure. I'm just glad we bought the safety rail to put on your old bed. She's grown so much these last few months, while you were on tour. There's no way she would have fit in the play pen we use to use." My dad laughs.

"I know, hasn't she? I need to find time to go shopping for clothes before we leave on Sunday, for the second half of the tour."

"Where will you be going?" My mom asks as she enters the room wiping her hands on a towel.

"We will be traveling along the east coast mostly. Our first stop will be Jacksonville, FL, then we have a few concerts in the Carolinas, Virginia, then New York and..."

Before I can finish I'm interrupted by my mom. "You know Hunter you really should consider taking Harper to the Macy's Day parade, next year. She would have so much fun. You both would."

"I was thinking about it during dinner. I think I will take her. I was hoping you two would come along with Liddy, Harper and I? We could stay in a hotel and eat dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in New York. It wouldn't be as good as your cooking mom, but I'm sure we can find a place that serves a nice turkey dinner."

My parent's look at each other and both shake their heads at the same time. "Your dad and I would love to go with you and Harper and Liddy if she can make it."

"Of course she would come. She's Harper's nanny. Why wouldn't she come and help out?"

"First of all, with your dad and I there, you really wouldn't need her. And second, she might have special plans with her family or Craig that she wouldn't want to miss."