Chapter 7: The Breakdown

Your PoV

I went to the place where Moonbin told me where Jennie is. It's already night and I wouldn't be surprised if that girl went out of our place.

As I got there, I saw her sitting on the cliff watching the moon and enjoying the silence of this place.

This is the first time I got here ever since I used to live in the vampire community. I never got the chance to interact with them for some reason.

I know I was never welcomed by them. Well, not at least for Jennie and Ningning.

But they have a reason tho. Ningning was just a kid, now, she's a mature vampire already. She'll start to have her mindset.

For Jennie, I know the only reason she keeps me is that she's the next in line.

Their family, as they are the highest family in the vampire tribe. Jennie and Moonbin were both encouraged to have their partners with them. And Ningning will be encouraged to have one too.

And 8 years ago, Jennie had turned me into her possession.

In those 8 years, I managed to discover a lot of things. I learned things about how to be a vampire.

Of course, it's not just me, Jennie helped me.

But that doesn't change the fact that they were the reason why I have to do this.

"How long are you gonna stand there?"

I snapped back when I heard her voice. She turned her head to look at me and gave me her usual sassy look.

"Moonbin said you were here."

"So? Did you ask him where I am or He just told you?"

"Huh?"

"Nevermind," she said and turned around again.

"You know you should go. I went here to be alone." She said.

I just nodded even tho she can't see it. As I decided to leave, I heard a strange sound that made me look back.

I frowned as I didn't see Jennie. I suddenly heard a loud splash making me run to the cliff and look down at the ocean.

I didn't think and jumped off the water. As I landed on the deep ocean, I opened my eyes and saw Jennie with her eyes closed. I swam as fast as I could and pulled her up.

As we got up, I saw a steep rock where I could jump back to the cliff. I carried Jennie in my arms as I made a big leap back to the cliff.

As a vampire, one of the abilities they have is they could jump so high.

I put Jennie down and tried to wake her but she remained not breathing and eyes closed.

I run my fingers over my wet hair because of the frustration. I had to do her mouth-to-mouth, just to save this girl from her stupidity.

I put my finger on her lips and opened it so I could make my way to her. but I was just about to dive when my eyes caught her smiling.

"Great job, Jennie!" I hissed as I moved back.

"You think I would die just from jumping into that water? I didn't know you were that concerned."

I looked back at her as I was standing now and she was still on the ground, all wet.

"Tch, whatever," I said as I started to walk away.

"Hey! Where are you going?!"

"Back to the house. You said you want to be alone, remember?"

"I changed my mind. Come here."

And as if I have a choice.

I walked back to her and just let her speak. When she went back to the edge, I ran to her to stop her. But then she stopped me with a crazy laugh.

"Chill out! I'm just going to sit here."

As she sat on her old spot, I just looked down at her. She sighed deeply as she looked far away.

"I don't know Y/N. I think... I think I don't deserve to be the next in line."

I went serious as I heard what she said.

If I'm going, to be honest, the reason why I don't leave the house is that when I found out that Jennie would be the next leader of this whole clan.

The first time I saw her, I know that she was not like how I saw the other vampires. She's a strong and smart vampire.

When I found out that we were bonded, I realized that maybe I could use it as an advantage.

But I was wrong. We have a connection but that connection only shows that I need her more than she needs me. She only needs me as a partner. Because apparently,  you can't take over that position alone, you have to create your perfect partner. And in our case, it's me who she created. And when it comes to me,  I need her because if she dies, I'll die too.

With that, I realized that the only way is to make a solid foundation between us. I follow what she wants. I do what she tells me.

Even if those things will create another relationship with her family.

In all honesty, only Ningning...  Jennie's mom is in favor of Moonbin. And she thinks of me as an outcast. She just doesn't show it when Jennie's around.

Jennie's father doesn't care a lot. He cares more about the growth of his clan.

When it comes to Moonbin, obviously he hates me too. Because I tried to end his partner once in front of him.

Ningning was the only one who accepted me. Because she grew up with me. I just don't know if she'll change.

My final plan was to convince Jennie to put this all at peace. I've been circling the town and I can say that the normal people don't have a match with the vampires right now. Even if extraordinary people would help them.

I saw that they were ready for this for so many years. They had everything planned. And now, they already claimed the southern border of this country.

That's why convincing Jennie is my plan. I know it could be still impossible, I've been trying to persuade her and deepen our relationship but I guess faking a feeling isn't what I'm good at.

But still, she can't let go of being the next leader. It will be a waste if she tears it down.

With her as the next leader, I still have a chance to make her do what is right.

"What made you think that you don't deserve it?" I asked.

"Many things Y/N. You just don't know, but I've been pushing myself into this. I was just showing them I could because I was expected to be as strong as my dad."

"But aren't you?"

She looked up at me as she rolled her eyes and looked away again.

"If I was strong, I wouldn't have chosen you as my partner."

"What?"

"Come on, don't act like you don't know I chose you because you are in the prophecy to end us. I admit I was smart about that. But still, who would dare to help a person who killed their friends?"

I heard her laugh sadly as she was still looking away.

"If you didn't find out that you'll die if I die, you probably left. Or worse, killed us."

"Jennie—"

"I understand Y/N. You lost them because of us. But we lost our people too. All we want is a place for us. But these normal people back then got interested in how we can live forever. They tried to experiment with us. They have killed many of us, and what's worse is the second most powerful, the werewolves helped them to erase us. But what happened? We're still here. Werewolves no longer exist."

"Y/N... I lost my mom because of that. At a very young age, I had to train instead of play. I had no choice but to accept that my dad had to marry another vampire to generate our clan."

"It wasn't always our fault." she ended