Chapter 27: Upper Boarder

Third Person

Lily and Leeseo calmed Y/N after breaking down. After several years, she was able to release the emotions that she's been keeping.

Everyone was quiet until Haewon broke it.

"It must have been tough... 8 years ago,  I lost my parents too because of those vampires. Worse was, I wasn't able to protect them. They were the ones who accepted me because my real parents left me. Yes, I was adopted. I got the power to protect them...  But what can a 12-year-old kid do?" Haewon scoffed bitterly.

"I thought I was the most unlucky kid, for losing my parents two times. First with my biological parents, and second with the people who accepted me. But then I met them, I met people younger than me who lost more than what I lost. And considering... They weren't even thinking yet. They should be playing still." Haewon said and looked at Kyujin and Leeseo.

"I guess I was wrong. That's why I wanted to protect them. I hid from everyone that I have powers... Because I was afraid you'll think of me differently.  I was afraid I will end up with those students...  Who were neglected by their parents and sent to that school."

Y/N slowly understands what the girl is going through. Sure Y/N has been through a lot. But these kids, do they deserve it?

Tho Y/N was 19 when she lost everyone.  Her mom, her friends, her best friend, and even her girlfriend.

And now, although she may still look like an 19-year-old girl, for her, she already aged enough after 8 years. Enough to understand that it's not just her who feels like they are the most unfortunate person who lives.

"Guys... Guys look!"

They all looked up as they heard Gaeul's voice. As they did, a hope grew inside them, seeing the city down the hill...  A big city.

"We're safe! We are finally safe!" the two youngers cried happily.

Tho Y/N doesn't want to break the celebration, she went out of the vehicle and looked around... There are still barriers.

"How are we going to cross that?" Haewon asked who also thinks the same way as Y/N.

"I honestly don't know."

"Your power, can it transfer us to the other side?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Fly? Levitate? I don't know." she said.

"I haven't tried that. I'm sure it'll consume a lot of energy." I said.

"Can you do it?"

"Didn't you hear me?"

She looked back and looked at me again as she saw the other girls were busy looking down at the city.

"I know what you are. It's either you are an ill one or a vampire."

"Haewon—"

"Don't lie to me, my clones saw you dragged the guard. I have the whole control over my clones. Means I can see what they see. And I saw you. I told you, I'll keep an eye on you."

Y/N didn't feel anxious or anything. Instead, she feels free.

"Now, you have to help us cross, or else."

"Okay, chill. You mean that, right?" Y/N scoffed.

"I will only ask you once, Y/N." Haewon deadpanned.

"Girls! Get in the car, we'll be flying." Y/N said without looking at the girls behind Haewon.

"You'll have to explain after," Haewon said before getting back to the car.

"Bossy." Y/N huffed, remembering one friend she lost.

"We're set!" Karina yelled.

Y/N walked back and tried to focus. She took off her hood, rolling her sleeves up.

Y/N told Gaeul what to do so the plan would work.

"Hold on tight!"

_______________________________________

"FASTER GAEUL!" Everyone yelled as the jeep landed quite smoothly on the ground, successfully getting over the barrier.

Tho they still have a problem. Guards so them.

"HAEWON!" Y/N yelled sending the younger a signal.

Haewon nodded and made clones to stop the guards. Y/N used her telekinesis to block off the ways they were passing.

"Just go straight! We need to mislead them!" Y/N yelled.

"This sounds not right, but what else do we do?!" - Lily

"We're still minors, we're out of this!" -Kyujin

"Right! I agree!" -Leeseo

"Shut up kids!" -Karina

"We're not kids!" -Kyujin & Leeseo

"Guys! Dead end!" Gaeul yelled making them look in front.

"Why did you go here then?!" Haewon exclaimed.

"As if I've been here?!"

"Shush! Get off now, we're running!"Y/N ordered and carried Yoree.

Y/N and the girls run back to the street they entered.  They continued to run when they saw the guards still chasing them.

It's a good thing that it's already dark. Fewer people around. But is it really a good thing?

"Let's separate, Haewon go lead the kids and Gaeul."

"You know I won't let that. You're a vamp, I won't trust Lily and Karina to you that easy." Haewon whispered while they were running.

Y/N rolled her eyes, clenching her jaw.

"Nevermind! Follow me!"

Y/N and the girls continued to run. Tho she keeps glancing at the back to check if the guards that are chasing them have gone.

"We're jumping."

"Huh?!" the girls utter in unison.

They stopped running as they almost fell off a cliff. Below, was fast-streaming deep water.

"I can't swim!"

"Hold each other, tight!"

Karina did it first and the rest followed. Before the guards could catch them, they splashed under the deep water, still holding on to each other.

Y/N opened her eyes to see only pitched-black surroundings. Suddenly, something unexpected happened.

"T-Tzuyu? How? You guys..."

"I missed you! So much!"

"Y/N! Y/N, wake up!"

Y/N gasped as she coughed hard, slowly getting back to her senses. She looked around after what she saw.

It's not imagination or dream.

She had a vision after 8 years of having nothing!

"Are you okay?" Lily asked the latter as she put her hand on its shoulder. Yoree stood in front of Y/N also wondering.

Y/N tried to grasp everything. She looked around to find that they are in some kind of forest, though one thing is for sure, they are on the upper border now.

"W-we're safe now, right?" Leeseo asked, teary-eyed.

"We definitely are."