Chapter 48: Used Again

Your PoV

I am here now in our safe house where we usually do our meetings. The girls, plus Sejun, to be exact. Nothing is really special happening today, I just had to get away from them in the meantime as the lightness of the atmosphere around the house is becoming suspicious to me.

One thing I learned about living a boring life as a vampire was, you can never be happy as always. After that moment, you'll get bombarded by misfortunes and bad news. And I am too occupied right now to worry about that stuff.

I walked to my room where I do almost everything. One thing about being a vampire, you can always have extra time to work on everything you need. Because you don't need to sleep.

Right now, I just occasionally go to this project that I am working on. It's a bright plan I made even before I met the girls. And it took a lot of searching and reading till I got the right time to start on my work.

I did not start that project in Jennie's village. I do know that someday they'll get me with my daylight serum, and I just let that be. Because somehow, that is the only way to get away from them without trying to look like I did break away with them...if you know what I mean.

So, yes, somehow it was planned.

Now 2 years ago, I started this new project with also the help of Sejun and his connections. If he was able to use his connection to help the vampires, might as well use him too. After all, this is for his good.

Retracting serum. I made this for human protection. We all know that the effect of a vampire's bite on a human is lethal. Sometimes they can be turned into vampires too if the suspect is a full-blooded vampire. Because that is the rule, natural vampires have specific venom that turns their victims into a vampire.

Meanwhile, the half-vampires or the turned vampires have deadly toxins that will kill their victims once they inject their fangs into the blood-feeders along with the toxins in their saliva.

Retracting serum is for humans. Once it is injected into them, the will be a prime weapon to kill the vampires.

Now it may sound like it's against my will. Like if I used it on them, then I am just like those people I hated for using us before. But this is the only solution so vampires could no longer recruit or kill humans. This will put them in fear because once they bite the person who is active with this serum, the venom they inject will affect them also.

That's the goal of this serum.

Although I haven't tried it. I got some test subjects that I know I could use. And once I made sure that it is safe for humankind, then I could totally start to give a peaceful life to the girls and the other people.

"After ten years, I can say that my life hasn't been wasted."

And if you're gonna ask how I made the serum. I made it from various subjects. My venom, Irene's, and those three vampires we encountered. I had to see how strong the venom of the turned vampires which is mine, Irene's, and the two vampires I killed. Then I compared it to the toxins of the vampire who turned Irene into one.

At first, I thought that turned vampires' venom was stronger than the original's vampires' venom, because turned vampires can kill humans. While original vampires can only turn humans into their kind.

But I was wrong.

It's like a perimeter. From humans to death to living death. And original vampires' venom is so strong that the perimeter of their venom can go on up to the 'living death' stage.

And as for turned vampires, their venom isn't that strong. That's why they can only directly kill their victims.

So after studying it, I had to look for a bright solution to retract the venom and it'll go back to the perpetrator.