Chapter 38: Mother's Love (1)

"What are we doing here?" the mother asked as they were hiding behind the door of something.

For some luck, Y/N thought of a plan that they won't be needing to kill a person just to give the mother blood.

"Don't ask, just follow me," Y/N said.

Despite not being familiar with the place, Y/N lead the older inside the building. It's almost dark and since they have to be careful, Y/N is relying more on her senses.

"Is this a morgue?!"

Y/N signaled the older to shush while she peeks to check if the hallway is clear.

"How long have you been going in here?"

"First time," Y/N mumbled.

As she cleared the way, she signed the older to follow and she did. They entered a room without knowing what was in the room.

Luckily it's empty, not completely, dead bodies were covered and Y/N grabbed that chance.

"It may not taste like the fresh ones, but it doesn't matter for a thirsty vampire," Y/N said as she removed the cover. She checked the body first, examining how long it was dead.

"Are you serious?" the older asked which made Y/N look at her blankly.

"I don't have time to joke around. Go one before someone walks in."

The other did what Y/N said. She was right, as soon as she dug her fangs through the dead body, and she tasted the faint-sweet taste of blood, it all went straight. Just a bit struggle but she did get satisfied after.

Her eyes glow red and Y/N knew it's a natural reaction.

"Done now?"

The older hung her head up as she wiped her face with her arms and nodded.

"Let's go. Your child must be looking for you." Y/N said but the older remained, thinking of something.

"Hey, let's go," Y/N said as she checks outside if it was clear.

"Irene."

"Huh?"

"I-It's Irene... My name." the older one said.

Y/N turned around and saw the girl standing next to the body.

"I don't need to know your name if we're not going to head out together in this place. Your child is waiting for you." Y/N said as if she read what the girl is thinking.

It's just pretty familiar with her, the scene. How she met a younger one and after she got her name, she had to unalive her.

Y/N walked to the older and held her shoulders firmly, but not so tight.

"Amy is waiting for you, Irene. She needs you. It doesn't matter if you're worried if she's gonna accept you soon or not, you have still time to be with her, don't just give up here." Y/N said to Irene as she looks into the older's eyes.

"Okay," Irene said as she nodded.

"Not too fast ladies."

The two girls looked back and saw another presence. The older one pulled Y/N behind her as soon as she recognized who is it.

"He's the one who turned me into a vampire," Irene said.

"At this moment, there's no point of escaping, Irene." The guy said and another one walked in holding a terrified kid in his hand.

"Amy!"

"Oops, stay there! We won't hurt her."

"Just dare to do it and you'll see!"