Chapter 31: Lost Stars

The Beginning of Crossover... Is it?

A/N: I do hope you finished reading both Kingdom and Taming My Monster coz it'll be hard for you to spot the important details ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ #hasslefree

[Time: A year after the coronation of Queen Im Nayeon, Royalty of the First kingdom.]

_______________________________________

Nayeon's PoV

"It's the seventh day. This is not right." I mumbled as I looked at the empty dark sky from my balcony.

Supposedly they should be showing, but until now they are missing.

Compared to the past weeks, this week has been so heavy for me. No, not just for me, but also with the other royalties of each kingdom.

I hope this is not what I think it is...

"Your highness, the royalties are waiting at the convention hall."

"Tell them I'm coming," I said.

I walked to my jewelry box and get the last thing I got from her.

"Yes, silly, I'm worried." I huffed.

Every time I feel anxious, depressed, and overwhelmed, I always get the thing she last left me... And I talk to it like that thing will respond.

Crazy right? For a queen, it's immature. But that's the only way I can do so I won't miss her.

The thing she left after the coronation. A necklace with a scarlet heart gem.

I wore it with me before finally leaving my room to head to the convention hall where the others are waiting.

As I got to the hall, the royal guards opened the door for me. There, I saw the royalties from the other 8 kingdoms.

"Queen."

"Please leave us a moment. We have an important meeting to talk about." I said to the guards.

They did as I said, as they left, I looked at them again. All of them are sharing the same look. The heavy atmosphere engulfed the whole place as also silence went so loud.

"You think it's gone?"

"Can't be, that's impossible," I said as I sat at the head chair.

"Nayeon, you know what she said... The stars."

I looked at Jeongyeon and I know that she was worried too.

"Still no portals?" Mina asked.

I shook my head as they sighed sadly.

"How can we know if she's fine... If she doesn't want to tell us?" Dahyun said.

"The stars are enough to say that she's not doing good. She said it, as long as the stars are visible, she's fine." I said.

I looked at Jihyo who was still in silence as I got here.

"Jihyo. You know something, do you?"

All of us looked at her. If someone knows what's happening, it should her.

"Nayeon-"

"Say it," I said as she sighed.

"I can't."

"What do you mean you can't? Jihyo, Y/N is our friend. I know she's the creator but-"

"This is what she wants," Jihyo said which made me frown.