Chapter 17: Escaped

Third Person

While Jennie went back to her house. Y/N was left in the same place where Jennie had left her.

She stood there as she thought of what Jennie said to her.

You may have thought she realized that Jennie is right. But she's not, she has accepted that she'll be staying there.

Y/N completely heard what Jennie said. She may not say it directly,  but Y/N can hear all the silent screams of the latter, hoping for what's between them is not just a connection but something more of a prize.

"At last,  you still think you're the highest person when you're not."

Y/N looked up as she heard a voice. Her jaw clenched as she saw Eunwoo smiling at her situation.

"You know what's your problem, Y/N?  It's been so long but you haven't moved forward. You're still locked up with your past when you shouldn't be. This is no longer your school, Y/N. This is a new place for you to live in but you keep proving that you don't belong here."

"Jennie just wasted her time with you."

"Warden, open this up," Eunwoo said.

The warden did what Eunwoo asked. As the cell is opened, Eunwoo gets in and puts something on Y/N's wrists.

At first, Y/N thought there was something else that was about to happen.

As Eunwoo put the cuff on Y/N, putting her wrists together on her back, He also made Y/N out of the cell.

"Listen, if this is Jennie's idea,  you better tell her that—"

"What?! Jennie? You're out of your mind." Eunwoo said as he laughed at Y/N.

They left the dungeon with two more vampires following them. Y/N was completely clueless about what was about to happen. What she did not know was her life was about to come to an end.

It was only when they arrived at the highest peak of the south border as Y/N realized something off is happening. They're far from the community and far from the royal's house.

"I guess you already realized what's about to happen."

Y/N looked back and saw Eunwoo pointing at a wide bowgun with a silver arrow in it.

"What are you doing?"

"A threat should be erased. That's an order."

Y/N wasn't able to react when the two vampires hold her in her arms. They're making sure that Y/N can't miss the opportunity to be a target of Eunwoo's bow.

"You should have just accepted and moved on just like I did. Maybe you're not in this situation anymore. Too bad it's late to realize that. If Jennie's death affects you, well the other way around is different. Jennie won't even find out that you're no longer existing."

Y/N saw that Eunwoo didn't come to play anymore. Before he could shoot his arrow, Y/N made her turn to get out of the vampires' grips.

Y/N immediately run away but Eunwoo made her turn with a fire covering her way.

"You can't escape your fate, Y/N. You're meant to die with your friends. You just happened to live longer than them."

Y/N looked at Eunwoo with fury. She knows she can't use her power in this situation as she's tied up.

Y/N started to feel the heat behind her. The two vampires are smiling at her with Eunwoo.

When Eunwoo aimed the bowgun again, Y/N knocked it from his hand. Y/N used that time as they were distracted. She didn't hesitate to jump over the fire as the other side is a body of water awaits her.

"Get her!"

Y/N ran as fast as she could. She got to the edge of the land and deep down, a stream of water tells her to jump.

She didn't have second thoughts. She jumped off as Eunwoo got near. But before Y/N could dunk in the water, Eunwoo was able to hit his arrow at her. Piercing her on her right chest.

Y/N felt a burning sensation in her chest as she dunked into the water. She forcefully breaks the cuff on her hand. Not even caring if it'll hurt her. Then if she can't, she pulled off the arrow and swim out of the water.

Y/N knows that Eunwoo would have her follow, that's why before they could go down, she instantly left the place where she fell.

Because of the wound, she can't run as fast as the vampires. Good thing she was used to running in the woods, made her familiar with the exits and safe turns.

Y/N was able to get out of the Southern boundary before they could catch her. Y/N knows she can't go back anymore. She has to go somewhere and also treat herself.

Meanwhile, Eunwoo went back to the royal's house with the news. While everyone is at the table, Eunwoo walked in and greeted the king.

"Your royal Highness, I have news for you."

"What is it?"

"Hong Y/N had escaped the dungeon. The wardens of the dungeon are now searching for the fugitive."

As Jennie heard that, her head hung up, and looked at Eunwoo.

"What did you say?"

"She escaped when we are trying to talk to her about the sera. I think she's trying to protect it from us."

"See what she did? Searched the whole place. Make sure you'll get her dead or alive."

"Yes, Your royal highness."

Jennie left the table as soon as she heard her father's order.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"Making sure you'll find her alive? Dad, I will let you have her. but I also don't think she has to die. That work of hers will be still used by our clan."

"If she's just going to run away with this, there's a possibility that she'll be caught dead, Jennie."

Jennie ignored it and left the house. What she's thinking is to find Y/N before those vampires find her. What she didn't know was it was too late for it.