Chapter 33: Reflected By Mirror

/Kingdom/

Nayeon's PoV

It's been a week now since the last time we talked about what Jihyo saw. Also, two weeks since the night sky went nothing but darkness.

This is not going well. She's not gonna let this happen because she knows that we'll be worried about her.

"Come on, Y/N. Open the portal for me." I wished as I stood at the same place where the last portal I went through, also the last time we had time together... Just us.

"Nayeon."

I looked back and saw Jihyo. I didn't expect her. Since that day, we stopped talking. She's right, we should have forced her. It's here life. But after what we found out, I can't ignore the fact that I am worrying about Y/N.

Jihyo mentioned a broken prophecy, again...  The last time we faced a prophecy, I lost her. After days of thinking, I consider thongs that I should consider. What if we help Y/N with what she's up to and we succeeded? Will that change the fact that she'll no longer have to live away from us?

I know I didn't lose her. She's out there watching us, with the stars as her eyes. But I realized how much we miss her after she left. How much I missed her... After she went back to that lonely place just to watch us from afar.

"Are you here to wait for the portal?" Jihyo asked as stood beside me, standing here in the middle of nowhere.

Since I am the Queen now, I made sure no one will live in this place. I technically own my kingdom so I can do whatever I want. I served this as our meeting place in case she'll finally learn to track down the time.

I guess she's still that weak in math.

"That's the least I can do," I said to Jihyo.

"Do you love her?"

I was caught off guard as Jihyo asked me that question. That's the same thing I asked myself all of the time.

Ever since that war ended, I never thought I would start to adore and admire that girl. Who's not? She fucking fought for the prophecy.  She ended her father, and she helped us. She helped me.

After that, she left having nothing with her. If it's not something you would admire from someone, then what?

By then, I knew I was having a thing for her. Weird, yeah. But it just happened. And I can never tell if I love her, but I do like her.

I can't tell if I can love someone who can't be with me.

"How would I know? She left before I figure it out."

"Nayeon, you're smart. You knew everything but love. You have to realize that you can love someone even though they are far from you."

"I know, but this is different. She's not just far from me, Jihyo.  She'll possibly never gonna see me again. Just so annoying that she can do anything but can't be with us..."

"That's not true," Jihyo said which made me look at her.

"You know...  I shouldn't say this to you, but...  She's making a way."

"What do you mean?"

Jihyo sighed and pause for a minute.

"The thing I saw, at first I was happy when I found out that we'll see her. When I saw it, I also saw the dark side of it...  Nayeon, Y/N isn't in her place."

"What?"

"I saw it...  In the future, she's explaining why she had to leave her place. She said she did that to save our world."

"Are you serious? You're joking, right?"

Jihyo shook her head and looked at me.

"She explained about another world that is reflected by our world. I don't get it at first but then when I heard the latter of her explanation, I realized how much dangerous it could be."

"Nayeon, that world mirrored ours. And the broken prophecy that I mentioned was about the prophecy on that world that failed to happen."

"I don't get it."

"It's quite complicated, but imagine this. Two worlds run almost the same path. The only difference is what's happening inside, but physically, they are the same as our world. Y/N said that her place is the mirror while our world and the other one is the reflection or the physical entity, whichever it was.

"I...  Still don't get it. "

"Okay, see this. I stood in front of the mirror, and what will I see is my reflection, right?"

"Uhuh? "

"But what I didn't know, was that reflection could be thinking that I was her reflection instead. Only the mirror itself would tell which is which. and that is Y/N's place. "

"The one she called heaven. "

"Yes, and that's why she needs to save that world and fix the broken prophecy."

"W-will she going to succeed? " I asked Jihyo causing her to pause.

"We can never tell what will happen on the way, Nayeon. But in the end, yes...  Only if we'll help. "

"What? "

"In my vision...  We are there with her. If we won't go, I am not sure if she'll able to fix it."

"T-then we should go!

"Nayeon... After that day we talked, I thought about it. And yes, I know Y/N is our friend and we have to help her."

"Jihyo, she's doing this for our world."

"I know, that's why I decided to go. But how? In able to get to that world, we need to pass the mirror, Y/N's place."

"But we can't do that if she's not going to open a portal... Right?" I asked.

"Yes."

I sighed as I clutched my head because of frustration. I wanna scream so bad but I can't because I know it'll break me sooner.

"Also...  If we get there, we'll be witnessing another death..."

And she can't take it...

"I understand," I mumbled.

"Maybe I should just accept that we'll never see again. Does this mean if she won't be able to save that world our world is gonna die too? Makes us the reflection and that world is the real one, right?"

"Or maybe there's no real reflection after all. The reason why the two worlds seem similar is because of the mirror, which is Y/N's place. Without it, she can also stop the same reaction that will happen to our world if that other one breaks down. She'll need to break her place if she didn't succeed in saving the other one." I added.

I get it now...

"She'll always do her responsibility as the creator. I wouldn't be surprised if she'll do that." I said receiving chuckles as a reply from Jihyo.

"Until now Y/N keeps breaking your precise theories. It must be annoying for you that your hundred percent reading always went off when it comes to Y/N. I now understand why you hated her so much before."

"What?"

"Nayeon, she won't sacrifice her place. She won't break the mirror. Because that's the only place that connects our world to hers."