Chapter 108: Defense

Tzuyu's PoV

It's dinner time and everyone is already at the table except for Y/N and Haewon. The table is too quiet and it's understandable because of the tension after we got here from the encounter.

"Let's eat. Haewon is just calling Y/N." Karina said,

"Didn't she come back after she left this afternoon?" I asked curiously and looked at Nayeon.

But then, Nayeon just looked away after she noticed that I am looking at her. I also saw Jeongyeon and Jihyo glancing at each other. As if they are having their own conversation.

Not too long Haewon walked in but to our surprise, without Y/N.

"Where's Y/N?" Gaeul asked.

"She's working on something," Haewon said. Again, I saw her eyed Nayeon but then walked beside Lily and sat down.

"Alright! Where is she? I'm going to talk to her." Giselle said who's now standing from her seat.

"Will you just seat down?"- Karina.

"No, I get it. I said mean words to her. I'm sure if I apologize to her, she'll go back here."

"Just eat, Giselle. Talk to her tomorrow or some other time. She needs some time...alone." 

"Someone's quiet," Chaeyoung whispered.

I glared at her and saw that she was eyeing Nayeon also. She's right, Nayeon's pretty quiet. I'm surprised she's here.

"Anyway, did Jun already give some update?" Jihyo asked and we all looked at Lily.

"Nothing yet, but if there's a problem, I'm sure the president would be here." 

"I'm sure Y/N is working with it too," Gaeul stated.

"Huh, be thankful Y/N got your ass," Dahyun said to Giselle.

"I think you owe her an apology too." Mina continued.

"Don't worry, that's the first thing I would do this morning. Don't look at me as if it's all my fault."

"No one's blaming you. But you should be aware of your words next time."

"Wow, you said more than one sentence this time. That's new."

I just rolled my eyes and ignored her. I looked at Nayeon again and she didn't even smile or anything.

Something must've happened.

"But anyway, we should know now that we have to be careful. We don't know if there are more vampires out there. Like really careful. We can't move without the president's order or the help of them." Jeongyeon said.

"You know what, I know I like this as I often use my physical ability, but it's kinda tiring. Do you Jihyo have any idea how long will this take?" Momo asked.

"Just...keep going, we are close."

"If this will keep on going, I don't know how long can we keep on going," Sana said.

"I know, by the time the moment has come, will be able to face the vampires? Not just the vampires here, we have to deal with the vampires outside too and that's for sure."Chaeyoung said.

"Don't worry, we can. we have a huge advantage." Jihyo said and Jeongyeon nodded so sure.

I look at them and I could totally say what they mean. I know... I heard it all.

"I'm done, I'm going to have some rest. While it's free..." Nayeon said and left the table to go to the room.

I watched her enter the room while the other girls continued to talk. Minutes later, Jeongyeon and Jihyo followed Nayeon. I know that there's something going on with Nayeon and that's for sure as Jihyo and Jeongyeon followed her. They probably notice the queen's behavior too.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Third Person

As Jihyo and Jeongyeon entered the room, they saw Nayeon who was sitting in her bed and just about to get ready to go to her rest.

"Hey, everything's okay?" Jihyo asked while Jeongyeon close the door behind them as they got in.

The two walked to Nayeon, Jihyo sat beside the queen while Jeongyeon remained standing as she was leaning on the bedpost.

The two royalties looked at the queen in concern as she sighed deeply and started to play with her fingers.

"Uhm, we saw you talking to Y/N after she left the house. A while ago, you didn't seem to care when the girls are talking about Y/N... Did something happen?" Jeongyeon asked.

"We know this is not our business, we just want to make sure everything is fine... Especially you and Y/N. You two are the powerhouse of this plan, every action has an effect on our plan and-"

"Don't worry, that won't happen anymore," Nayeon said as she cut off Jihyo.

"What?"

"We broke up. I ended the things we had together. In that way we can focus-"

"You did what?" Jeongyeon asked in disbelief.

Even Jihyo was surprised as she didn't expect Nayeon to do that. 

"But why? I thought you love her?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I do but-"

"Don't tell me you're going to let go of this again. Just because Giselle said some words she didn't mean, you already broke up with Y/N?!"

"Jeong, you know it's not like that. I am not that shallow to end our relationship."

"Then what is supposed to be the problem? You love her, and we can tell she does too. She even agreed to go with us, right? Nayeon if you are worried that your relationship will be a hindrance to our mission then-"

"She can't go with us. She can't go because she'll die in our world." Nayeon said suppressing her voice.

"She said that her life is connected to the one who turned her into a vampire. That's a royal vampire thing... And Giselle was supposed to end up like Y/N if Y/N didn't save her. So I ended it...There's no point in making it longer if we already know from the start that it won't work... I guess I shouldn't have tried it. I thought everything would be better with her. Even if I know she's not from our world. It was also a big factor that she looked like the creator."

"Are you hearing yourself? What now, you are saying you just love her because she looks like the creator?" Jeongyeon scoffed.

"That's not what I mean. At first, yes. I thought I should move on from the creator. I know I should because she's a damn creator and she can't leave her land to be with us. I thought it won't work... That's why I tried Y/N. But I love her, I love her when she was willing to leave this all behind... Or so I thought."

Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon in disbelief while Jihyo remained silent but the disappointment on her face is visible.

"That's it? Can't you find a way?"

"Like what? stay here and leave my kingdom?"

"I don't know, maybe? I thought you love her, isn't love means you are willing to risk what you have just to be with them?" Jeongyeon said as if she's meaning something.

"That's not our case, Jeong. You know that. I am a Queen, I have my kingdom. We have to accept it, not everything is worth fighting for."

"I can't believe you are saying that... Jihyo and I have been trying to give you support for this!"

"I didn't ask you to do so."

"You didn't have to because we can see how happy you are with Y/N. And so Y/N... But according to what coming from you now? I thought you already changed... I guess I was wrong."