Chapter 42: The Start

Two years later

"You can't run anymore. Just give up, already." The fanged guy said as thirst is visible in his eyes.

His victim is now doomed, they are in a dark alley and no one is around in this set of time.

"Any last words before I give a taste of your blood?"

"Look up." The girl said which made the vampire frown.

As he did that, he saw nothing but a tall building. When he set his eyes back on his prey, he was surprised to see that his victim multiplied.

"Boo!" The girl playfully utters as she runs towards the vampire.

The vampire didn't expect it. He was in shock, which made it easier for the victim to turn the tables. She didn't waste time and thrust the core of the vampire with a sharp dagger.

She watched as it turned down as soon as she pulled out her weapon. She pulled down the hood of her cape and kept her dagger in her pocket.

Hooking her phone, she called a number on her contact.

"One down, next to our village."

["Go back now, the others are already here."]

"Copy."

She pulled a lighter from her pocket and lit it before throwing the fire on the vampire's dead body.

_______________________________________

"I think the village next to us is getting cleaned up now. We can ask Sejun to have a talk with their leader and merge their village with us." Haewon suggested as she arrived at their meeting place.

It's been just a couple of years and their progress soar high than they expected. They didn't waste time and sit around knowing vampires could be just around.

Y/N and her friends kept their plan to search around to hunt down vampires. Of course, they made it carefully. Sejun also finds out about Y/N's doings but that makes everything fast-growing coz Sejun provided the girl's weapons and a place to stop. Technically they became the police of their village.

"Now that fast. I think we should go to the next village and live there for a couple of days. To observe too. We can't just make a move after killing some vampires in there." Y/N said.

"Y/N, in case you needed, I got a map of the village next to us. Gaeul and I have been going back and forth and we got some information there." Karina said as she laid a self-made map she and Gaeul made.

"I was with Sejun when he got a talk with the leader next village. He seems sketchy, I don't think we could trust him easily. Sejun is also not comfortable with him." Lily said.

"Well, we two have been observing around our village. Our people are cooperative with reporting if there are suspicious and possible vampires around. None so far." Kyujin said she looked at Leeseo.

It's also been two years since they set positions for the group, Leeseo, and Kyujin go around to patrol with the other people of Sejun to make sure the village is vampire-free. Karina and Gaeul study villages nearby. Lily is working on Sejun to look after him and also see possible allies in villages nearby. For Y/N and Haewon, they do most work of killing vampires as they got powers.

It was a big adjustment but still a worthy one. Especially that they can see the progress.

Already been ten years in total and Y/N can't believe that she's slowly working on getting back life for the people around her. Not fast but still progressing.