Chapter 10: Cover

Third Person

Ningning tears up as she gets to see the sky clearer. Without the tint of the sunglasses and cover.

"Unnie!"

"Unnie this is amazing! I don't get hurt anymore! Wow! Unnie,  how did you make this?!"

"Long research... Look, it's really a long method to make that formula. I know you're happy with the result, but can we keep it with us now?"

"Why?"

Y/N was hesitating to say her real reason. If it's just for her, she doesn't want to let the whole community of vampires that she had to discover a way to allow them to step into the daytime. She knows that there is the possibility that these vampires will use this to start their vampire rule. And that may happen for sure.

But also, Y/N doesn't know how to say it to Ningning. Probably she had learned her lesson when she tried to speak that way on Ningning before.

Jennie had made her reminded that Ningning is a clueless kid...

Well not now that she's a mature vampire already.

"I get unnie. Don't worry, I know how to use this. I won't tell anyone." Ningning said as she saw the trouble on Y/N.

If you're gonna judge it, she can just keep it from anyone. But she didn't, she gave it as a gift. Which shows how she has attached to the younger vampire already.

After all, she doesn't have anyone with her anymore. And in the past 8 years, Ningning and Jennie have been there for her.

"I'm trusting you in that. Also, we are still not sure how strong the people outside are. Vampires may lower their guard because we discover a serum for light. We can't always get ahead on them, they have military forces, they have powered people."

"That's why I am amazed at you, unnie. You still think about our clan. Even after..."

"That's in the past, you're my family now," Y/N said.

But at the back of her mind, she knows part of it was a lie. Ever since she adopted her vampire side, she learned to lie, she learned to hide things. Just to be able to succeed in her plan.

Ningning went to Y/N and hugged her. Y/N pulled a smile as she hugged the younger back.

"Thank you very much, unnie."

The two remained in the place. They enjoyed the time outside in the dark place and tried new things for Ningning.

"I think that's enough. Let's go back, they probably looking for you."

"Looking for me or Jennie unnie looking for you?" The younger teased.

"Your sister is pretty busy. And don't pass it on me, I am not the royalty." Y/N said.

Ningning jumped off the tree and stood beside Y/N.

"Fine, but can we still go out tomorrow?"

"Your sister needs me to check the community with her."

"Oh, that's fine, I'll go out myself."

Y/N stopped walking and looked at Ningning."

"You're not going out of the boundary, okay? And if Winter isn't busy, at least bring her."

"That's noted, unnie."

Y/N nodded as she continued to walk. At the back of her head, she's asking how she let this vampire get inside her walls. As her loved ones died, she promised to give them what is served for their deaths. To do that, she has to exclude her emotions.

The moment she got into Jennie's family, she knew her plan had started. She kept her heart stoned but this girl made Y/N's heart warm.

Somehow, she knows that Ningning is a mirror of her old self. An old self that she doesn't want to forget but she had to because of her unfinished business.

As they arrived back at the vampire community, Y/N told Ningning to go back to their house already.

"Again, Ningning, I am trusting you with this."

"Yes, unnie. I know that. I'll just tell them that Winter and I went out to hunt." Ningning said.

"Okay, I'll go back before dinner."

"Oh, what if Jennie unnie looked for you?"

"I'm sure she knows where to find me." Y/N simply said.

Ningning nodded and started to leave.
Meanwhile, Y/N remained walking wherever her feet brings her.

"We're running out of blood. I think we should hunt down again." Y/N heard as she was walking out of the houses of the vampires.

"I don't think there's still human outside. They had all humans inside their border. I've been trying to get one but these days, they are so hard to find."

"Well we can ask the king, I'm sure they have a solution to our hunger."

As Y/N heard the conversation, she already knows that those vampires will run to the king and ask for a blood source.

Until now, Y/N doesn't know how vampires have an unlimited source of human blood. She sure knows that they have their place where they put their feeders. But now, she knows that they are also struggling as she heard a few days ago.

"Good luck if you'll get one." Y/N scoffed.

Y/N stopped at a store and wandered her eyes.

"What can I help you with?"

"How much is this?"

"This?" The seller asked as he looked confused about Y/N.

Y/N gets the pack of sunflower seeds.
She pulled out some money she had to keep in her pocket and put it on the counter.

"Keep the change," Y/N said.

"Hey, that's not for sale—"

Y/N didn't even let the man finish. She went out of the store and started to walk again where her feet brings her.

Not so long, she arrived at a plain surface. She stood there and looked around, getting amazed at how big the empty place is.

She pulled the seeds out of her pocket and started to plant them everywhere. Not so far, there's a body of water. Y/N used her telekinesis to bring it to the plant and water it.

"What are you doing?"

Y/N looked at her watch as she heard Jennie's voice. She turned and saw her standing behind her.

"I didn't expect you to be here that fast."

"Are you trying to do a joke? What are you doing here?" Jennie asked in curiosity.

She looked down and saw what Y/N did.

"I figured out that this place is too plain."

"You do realize that you have to water them on time right? Is there a specific time? I just know they have to be taken care of."

"Of course, I know that."

Y/N looked at the water again as she gets another set to water the sunflower.

"If I forgot to flower them, can you do it for me?" Y/N said.

"Are you hearing yourself? You're giving me a task to do?"

"Fine, Ningning will do it."

Jennie rolled her eyes and looked at Y/N who was serious right now.

"You can just go back here every day and do the same thing. No one will stop you." Jennie said.

Y/N smiled faintly as she's looking at the sunflower seeds.

"Yeah right..."