Chapter 60: Thoughts

Nayeon's PoV

"So, these vamps...  How come they could walk in daylight? Same as you?" I asked while we were still searching.

"As for me, I made a serum that allows me to get into sunlight. I did that during my time when I was still outside the border. Then when I got, I met Amy's mom, and she told me that vampires here did discover a solution to this problem too." Y/N said.

"That means they are so ahead with the vampires outside."

"Uhm, kinda...  But that's only because of their other powers."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I kinda messed up...  They saw the serum I made in my base and...  Thought I was using it against them. That's why they also get rid of me." She shrugged.

"Guys, aren't we going home yet? We had a lot more talking than finding what we needed to find. " Tzuyu asked which made us stop.

"Uhm, we could go now if you want. It's almost sunset anyways." Y/N said.

"I'm gonna call Gaeul to pick us up," Y/N added as she walked away a little.

I moved on to the three who were fed up checking around.

"Hey, you don't need to be like that."

"Like what?" Tzuyu asked frowning.

"That... Are you annoyed that we have to search each village to find vampires or there's something more?" I asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Guys, are we really fighting here?" Chaeyoung asked as she heard Tzuyu and me talking.

"We're not fighting."

"Okay, if you say so."

I looked back and saw Dahyun talking to Y/N. I looked back at Tzuyu who was currently standing away from us with her arms crossed. Clearly, she's not in the mood.

"I'm just going to talk to Y/N. Go check your friend." I told Chaeyoung and made my way to Y/N and Dahyun.

As I made my way to Y/N and Dahyun, she immediately saw me so I signaled her to go to Tzuyu and Chaeyoung first. Luckily she did.

"Hey, uhm,  I already called Gaeul. She'll be here in a moment. We can stop inside that shop while waiting." Y/N immediately said as I walked to them.

"Sure, that'll do."

A moment of silence occurred before Y/N spoke up.

"Look, I'm really sorry. I know you guys aren't used to this. But hunting vampires can be really tough."

"I know. But it's okay, this is just our first day, right? I'm sure...  I'm sure Tzuyu will get used to this." I said.

Y/N looked at me as if I said something wrong.

"Well, I know you're just worried because of Tzuyu. You don't have to because most of the time she's like that."

I saw she went relieved as I said that she looked towards Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung. But pretty sure she's only looking at one person.

"I shouldn't have said that, right?" Y/N asked who was still looking at the three.

"Said what?"

"That... I guess Tz- your friend felt awkward after that night. I should have just pretended that I never saw that face before."

As she said that, I already got what she was trying to say. It was the night when she first saw Tzuyu. Sadly, she can't even call her by her name just because her past lover and Tzuyu shared not just the same face but the same name.

"It's not your fault. You've waited years and you expected much."

"Well, you've waited too."

I sighed and looked at her sadly. It's kinda messed up that I can understand every sentence she says without her completing her thoughts.

It's because I didn't react the same way how she reacted when she saw Tzuyu.

"Everyone is different. Don't compare yourself to me just to justify the invalidation of your feelings. And for Tzuyu... Maybe she's just acting like that because she doesn't want you to see her as your past lover. After all, this is a mission. We're saving two worlds and it's on us if we succeed. And knowing her...  She follows a plan."

"That's what I thought," Y/N mumbled who was much more relaxed now.

"Don't tell her I say this but her kingdom is really obsessed with following a plan. Kinda annoying sometimes, especially if that plan isn't even a good one." I said playfully making Y/N broad her brows and chuckle.

"Tell me what Tzuyu in this world is like. Maybe it will make you feel better." I suggest.

She sighed as she crossed her arms and started to think.

"She's strong... Can be calm as a night, but whenever she's mad, it's just so impossible to stop her. She did her best to hide her true power too because she thought that would scare me. Ever since we became close, she's always got my back. She's sweet too, which is unexpected because she always hated the first time she got into school. What can I say, I am the principal's daughter. And we're roommates. I kinda forced her to talk to me." She said smiling at the end of her sentences.

Then her smile slowly dropped.

"She saved me multiple times... Which I wish she didn't. She's willing to do everything just to make me safe. The last time, she asked Jun to pull me out of that place while she was trying to fight with the vampires."

"I should have asked you about the good ones... My bad." I mumbled which Y/N heard making her lightly laugh.

"Tell me about Y/N... The creator." She said.

I paused and think about Y/N. It's a shame that I don't know much about her. But that's not measure my feelings to her, right?

"Well...  We fight a lot...  Before. Mostly 'cause of me."

"Why?"

"Cause I hate her... Hate that she always have a way to prove me wrong. I spent the whole time hating her but then when she left I just suddenly felt that I miss her. You really can't tell how much you need the person when they're gone."

"Maybe."

After a while, Gaeul arrived. We all get in the car as Y/N feed Gaeul information about our day.

_______________________________________

"You mentioned that there some villages that we can't get through, right? Do you think the vampires hide there?" Jihyo asked.

We are back in the safe house with Gaeul and Haewon to talk about our findings. Apparently, even Haewon's team didn't find any.

"Possible. That's why the girls are setting a connection to those village. Maybe we can get through without being suspicious. But thinking about it now, I doubt if they will trust us. Sejun is missing, if he's really still helping those he helped before, that only means that he still have connection with him. He probably told them that there's a group that exist to hunt vampires." Y/N said.

"That's why we need to find that wanted girl. She can help us get through the closed villages." Gaeul said.

"Maybe Jihyo and I can help to track her out. But it's too early to give up checking the open villages. This is just day one, we can still continue to make sure every open village are safe." I said.