Chapter 91: Reality

Tzuyu's PoV

We're now back at the lab after we successfully caught Sejun. Y/N instantly knocked him down when she saw him come to me and Jihyo. I thought I had to use my power but Y/N didn't hesitate. Surprisingly she didn't end him.

"What now?" I asked as I was looking at an unconscious Sejun who was in handcuffs, both hands and feet, sitting in the corner.

"We'll let Y/N do her thing," Nayeon said as they both looked at each other and nodded.

The longer we stay here, the longer they become close. And I shouldn't be worrying about that, should I? I already warned her. If only I could tell Y/N about what I found out, but surely it will break her... Or maybe not.

Besides, I want Jihyo and Jeongyeon to say it instead, but it seems like they don't have a plan. They think this is good for Nayeon.

"We'll leave now. You're not going to murder him, are you?" Jihyo said.

"I got a better plan."

Jihyo looked at me as if maybe she expected me to say anything. I know that I've been harsh on Y/N too, but that's because I'm trying to tell her my point that would help her. If she can't accept it, then fine. I'll just stop especially since this isn't the time for me to contradict her.

Nayeon and Jihyo both head out of the lab, leaving me and Y/N. Y/N is busy doing something so I didn't bother to ask her anymore. As I was just about to go out, she called me and looked at me.

"Thank you for your help."

"It's nothing."

I said when it is actually not. This is the first time, maybe, she thanked me. For some reason, I felt I did something good for her that she recognized. Maybe I should just let time tell her.

"You risked your life, it's not nothing. So thank you."

"Sure... Anyone would do that, I guess." I said.

"Anyone but you." She said raising her brows like she's meaning something.

"You really think I am the bad one here? Well, think again."

She rolled her eyes subtly but I was able to spot it. Even her faint smile says that she agrees with me.

"Fine, if you feel like you don't need my help, just see it as something I did for you to give something in return."

"Wait, I never said that."

"But I see it on your face."

She sighed and leaned on her table.

"Fine, what could I give in return?"

"So you admit. Anyway, I just wanna know what will do to him." I said.

She looked at Sejun and paused for a minute. She then turned and walked somewhere else. I thought she was going to walk out on me but she came back with something in her.

"I might use this for him."

"Is that..."

"I can't use it with other people. I fear that I might do something to them. But I guess this one deserves the outcome of my work whether it's good or not."

"Wow... That's wicked." I mumbled as I looked at Sejun.

"It's not. He did this to himself. The first time I warned him, he already lost my trust in him. It was wrong that I still let him work with us."

"Do you actually think he did this for his daughter?" I randomly asked.

Y/N scoffed which made me look at her. She's looking at Sejun with piercing eyes, and I myself would be scared if those eyes stared into me.