Chapter 93: Emergency

Ningning's PoV

"Here we are. There's no turning back, okay?" I asked as we got out from our border.

"What? Wait, I thought we were just going to check?"

"We are... now let's go." I just said as we started walking to the gate of the upper border.

I do not know what awaits us. But I'm pretty sure we'll be safe. We have to. This is the first time that we're leaving our border too.

"You know, Ning,  I haven't asked you what are we going to do after we spy on that border. Or at least if we could spy on them. I heard they are pretty tough when it comes to their security. Sometimes I wonder how the vampires inside that border do their work to help us."

"Wow, meanwhile I'm here thinking if they are still alive. I heard from Jennie unnie that she can no longer contact the vampires inside. Humans must be so strong to kill those vampires. I could imagine them doing it most cruelly."

"Oh my gosh! And yet you want us to go? You're truly insane." Winter said.

"Well... I can't just stay in the house. Dad is no longer around. Oppa has been so busy too, and I think Eunwoo oppa is becoming a problem. Then Jennie unnie..." I just sighed as I realize how everything is not normal anymore.

I mean, it always hasn't been. All we do before is hide and wait for food. Until dad decided to claim our land back.

In case everyone has forgotten, vampires are the first and oldest living. Along with the werewolves, and then other creatures. Not until humans decided to be bad living as they could. We could have lived normally. But then all we did after the almost extinction is hide.

After that war and we got back our land, I thought everything would be back to normal again. But then humans being smart, they were able to protect themselves and built that gate to protect themselves. What they didn't know, some vampires were able to pass the gate before it went totally closed.

Those vampires are the ones who are helping us to get our feeders. But now they are gone. It's either they are been held up, or are already dead ash.

"We're here," Winter said as we sighted the massive gate that separates the upper border from nowhere to our borderline.

"It's huge."

"Yeah... And deadly boring.  You think they can see us from inside?" Winter asked as we remained standing several kilometers away from the gate.

"Let's go round, let's see how long this gate covers up," I suggested to Winter.

We ran to see the surrounding of the gate only to see nothing but the semi-old gate that is very tall as we got very close to it.

"You think we can leap?"

"We don't even know what's inside that," I said.

"Now, what?"

"Let's see the edge of this thing," I said then Winter and I continued to run as fast as the blink of an eye.

"It's still a wall." Winter huffed when we stopped after arriving at the very edge and only trees can be sighted at the other corner.

"We have no choice, let's leap."

"What?"

I pulled my hood up as I ready myself for a big jump but before I could, Winter stopped me as she was looking somewhere else.

I looked at where she was looking and saw her looking through the forest.

"What's that?"

Winter and I dashed to that thing and we felt a different feeling of sucking ourselves into it.

"There's one thing to find out." I stepped inside the mysterious portal and felt a driving shock inside my entire body. I gasped in shock but what shocked me more was the fact I am in a different place.

"W-winter?"

I looked around and saw buildings and lights... And parked cars... and stoplights...  And road, and windows.

"Ningning!"

I looked back then I saw Winter also jump out of the mysterious thing. When she saw I was fine, she was in relief but that only lasted for some seconds when she saw where we are.

"Holy Humans— is this?"

"Winter we need to go back. Unnie must know we found a way to get inside without crossing the gate!"

____________________________________
Third Person

Ningning and Winter went back immediately to their town as soon as they discovered the portal that can lead them inside the upper borderline without needing to get through the gate.

They are both determined to announce what they just found out. As they get back, they instantly search for Jennie around the house but they didn't find the older.

"Hey, watch out!" Bin said as Ningning almost collided with him.

"Oppa, have you seen unnie? We have some important information to tell her!"

"She hasn't come back. Maybe she's still checking her team."

"Oh, right!"

"Wait, Nining! What did you find out?!" Bin yelled but the two already left before he could even hear their answer.

Winter and Ningning went to the special place for Jennie's army but then two bulked vampires stopped them.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am but the place is under test. You can go back next time."

"But it's important! I need to talk to our leader!"

"I'm sorry—"

"You want me to do it myself or you'll get out of our way now?" Ningning asked.

The two vampires didn't think for long and just let her walk in with Winter. They walked to the head's office but what they didn't expect was Jennie's unconscious body lying on the ground.

"Unnie? W-what happened, Unnie!"

Winter ran outside to call for some help while Ningning remained by her sister's side, trying to wake her.

"Oh no, Oh no! Unnie, wake up!"

Ningning cuts her palm open and lets her blood drips onto Jennie's mouth. The help arrived along with Winter and Ningning immediately told what might happen to her sister.

They gave her the fresh blood of humans and let Jennie drinks it after sustaining with Ningning's blood.

"Come on, unnie.  You have to open your eyes!"

____________________________________

"Y/N? Y/N, come on, wake up." Nayeon called as she constantly called the girl's name that she was holding.

She laid her back to run to her cabinet and check maybe if she has some supplies. And she found one.

"Y/N, hold on, please!"

Before Nayeon could open the lid, Y/N sat up from the dead as she was catching her breath as if she ran for so long.

"Y/N!"

Nayeon set the container down and hugged Y/N who was still catching up.

"You scared me!"

Y/N was trying to contain herself. She tried to remember what happened and it just confused her as she remembered that she was with Tzuyu.

"W-what happened?"

Nayeon halted back and looked at Y/N, half-dead feature.

"I thought you were dead! I mean, dead-dead. Tzuyu called the others to help,  I'm glad you're awake now." Nayeon said.

Y/N looked at Nayeon, seeing the worried eyes of the queen made her sad at the same time glad.

"I'm sorry... I'm back, I won't leave you." Y/N said between her breathing as Nayeon hugged her again and she did the same.

Y/N shut her eyes as she felt so tired for some reason. All she did at that time is to bask in Nayeon's warm embrace.