Chapter 122: Redemption

Third Person

Standing among all of the bodies on the floor, the only thing that is keeping Jennie on her feet is the ice wrapped like a snake all over her body to keep her in position. Her knees are shaking and she could be on the floor anytime soon but the latter is still holding on.

The prominent veins palpated through her skin as if the venom that the dark lord injected had fully taken over her body.

next, her heart.

Aside from her, Ningning who just passed out came back to her sense. She looked around hoping to see someone she knows alive even if it was impossible because of how intense the fight that the Darklord left.

Ningning's eyes darted at Jennie, she could easily hear the trouble breathing of her sister as the only noise that can be heard around the room is Jennie's close-to-death breathing.

"Unnie!" 

Ningning didn't have to ask how was her sister. She looked terribly dead, just barely holding on.

"Unnie!" as she got near, she tried to break the ice that holds her sister. It didn't last long before Jennie collapsed in Ningning's arms and looked at her sister with her tired eyes.

"N-ning."

"Unnie! Hold on, we will go to Y/N unnie! We will ask for her help!" Ningning said as she cried to her sister's half-stiffed body.

It's probably due to the venom that is slowly eating her up. Her used-to-be bloody red eyes because of power are now because of her struggle and pain.

Jennie smiled sadly as she looked into her younger sister's eyes. She wished Y/N became more sister to her than to any other kids in the city. But who is she to wish that? Y/N was once a human before she became a vampire. Her family is human, and not a bloodsucking creature.

"I-i'm sorry."

"No, don't say that. I'll call her, she'll help me, she'll help you."

Oh, how she wishes that was true. But Y/N is a person, she is a human... the dark lord is right, without Jennie's title, Y/N is just a lucky girl who was able to live through the curse of a vampire.

Bin who also passed out at that time woke up. It didn't take long for him to hear Ningning's cries. As he looked around to find her sister, he saw Ningnning holding Jennie in her arms.

"Ning! Jen!"

He ran to her sister and went shocked as he saw Jennie's bloodshot eyes. The veins came more visible and pulsing, indicating that the venom is getting close to eating her up.

"Oppa! We need to help her!"

Bin took Jennie away from Ningning as he laid her down flat on the ground.

"Jennie, you have to stay close, you can't die yet." 

Bin tried to think fast, trying to calm himself in this state. And then an idea hit him.

"You have to listen, Jennie needs us," Bin said as he held Ningning on her shoulder.

"What should I do, oppa?" Ningning asked who was still crying.

"I read this in Y/N's book. This is a toxic curse and only the high-class vampires including the royal vampires have it. They can take it back but in return... they have to risk their life." Moonbin said.

Ningning's eyes went wide as she instantly get what her brother wants to do.

"No! I can't lose you too!"

"You have to listen! I have to do this! Jennie is the only one who knows how to save us!"

"Oppa-"

"Listen, I know I didn't become a good brother to you. Barely have time to give you attention, but you know that brother loves you, yeah?" Bin asked as a tear escaped from him. 

"I know only Eunwoo plays with you when you were a kid, but trust me, I would if I could... Brother got so busy doing Mom's order... And now, I have to do this for noona, you understand me, yeah?"

"I love you oppa."

"Good, now listen. You have to bite her after I remove the venom."

"W-what? What if I'd kill her too?!"

"You won't! Your bite won't have a bad effect on her because you haven't got your pair yet. Only when you got a pair, you can acquire the toxic curse."

"Now, listen to me, you're ready? Just do as I said, after I take it, you'll save her."

"Oppa,"

"I'm trusting you, I know you can do this."

Bin nodded once again as Ningning took a deep breath. Bin leaned forward, sinking his fangs to the mark where the dark lord had left his bite. It wasn't hard for him to spot it as it was pulsing clearly and calling him.

Jennie could only shut her eyes as she felt the freshly bitten neck gets stroked again. Ningning is crying as she held onto her sister's hand tight as she also watch her brother do the first work. After some minutes, Jennie is starting to get back to her normal appearance. 

Bin could only cough as the pain is starting to attack his system. He's not even halfway done, and he could only continue until he knows Jennie is fine.

"Oppa!" Ningning loudly cried as Bin fell on his face but he still continued.

"I-it's d-done." Bin said as he moved away. He knows that Ningning won't be able to do it if she will see him struggling. He tried to get up on his feet as he started to walk away a little.

"D-do it, ning. oppa's c-counting on you." Moonbin said without looking back at her sister. The venom quickly ate him as it also stir with his own venom. Ningnign went to the other side and bit her sister forcefully as she just let her instinct work, hoping that will save her sister.