Chapter 28: Broken Prophecy

Third Person

It was already morning when the girls found a place to stay with. An abandoned house, outside the woods where they came from.

Sounds creepy right?

Tho, the house seems safe. Despite the cracks and cobwebs around. A little bit of cleaning would help.

"Let's talk," Haewon said and dragged Y/N out of the house while the girls rest inside, mindless of what is just about to happen.

"Why?" Haewon shot a question as they got out.

"Why what?"

"You! Why you're still alive!"

Y/N frowned and then realized what Haewon is meaning to say. She looked inside to see if they caught the girls' attention, but nope, luckily.

"You mean why I didn't get burned?"

"Yes!"

"I'm unique?" Y/N shrugged.

"Shut up, Y/N. What exactly are you? Are you an enemy or what?!"

This time, Y/N saw the anger in the younger's eyes. Confusion is visible too but mostly anger.

"You tell me... What I am?" Y/N asked.

Haewon grabs something from her purse, holding onto it tightly. Y/N saw it which drew a grin on the latter.

"I suppose you're not sure," Y/N said as she saw a sharp thing that is still inside Haewon's purse.

"Just fucking answer, Y/N!" the younger cursed.

"You already know, why are you still asking?"

A tear fell from the younger's eye and she quickly wiped it. Her glare could kill Y/N if it's alive.

Y/N smiled as she realized one thing again. Her best friend, and her old self. How destiny moves, it's crazy.

"I was once like you. I came to the point that I didn't know if enemies are friends, or friends are enemies." Y/N mumbled.

"And it kinda sucks that you don't know which one is the truth. You'll take a big risk choosing what to side on." Y/N added.

"So I'll tell you, and it's on you if you'll believe me. Again, Haewon... I'm not your enemy."

"Also... It's unnie, I'm older than any of you. " Y/N said and walked inside.
_______________________________________

"I knew we shouldn't let them go outside! It's dangerous, the guards might be looking for us! What if they recognize them?!"

"Ugh— can you tell her to shut up? My ears are bleeding!" Y/N whined as Karina keeps on pacing back and forth when the three girls haven't come back yet.

"Y/N, here, I think you need water," Kyujin said and gave the latter a bottle of water.

Y/N didn't hesitate and got the water from Kyujin.

"Luckily I got some bottles in the woods and filled river water—" Kyujin wasn't able to finish her sentence when Y/N burst the water that she had just drank.

"I should have known!" Y/N grunts.

"We're back!"

The remained girls all looked at the door when the voice was heard. Lily,  Gaeul, and Haewon came back.

"I thought you completely ran away with my secret," Y/N said to Haewon but looked at Gaeul and Lily to see their reactions.

Their confused, meaning, Haewon didn't say a word... Good for her.