Chapter 78: Always

Jennie's PoV

It's been a week since my father passed away. For some, that only means that a new leader should step up, and that's me. But for me, that means, I lost my father and have a bigger responsibility.

But before he died, we managed to feed our clan. The only problem is I don't know how long it will take. That's how I decided to make my move already.

"Jennie, Jennie what did I hear?! You wanna go to the upper border?" Bin asked as soon as he barged into my room.

"Don't you know how dangerous your plan is?! Do you wanna die?! The upper border has a strong force to kill you with just a snap. I'm not gonna let you bait yourself, Jen. "

"Relax, Bin, I'm not gonna let that happen."

"Well, it's not up to you if they will kill you or not."

I sighed and looked at him.

"Fine, you got a better plan, genius? I'm the leader now. I have to move for our clan or else we're all gonna die of hunger! The vampires on the upper border barely send their help to us! We can't rely on them. I'm pretty sure the government there tightened their security. "

"Exactly your point, Jen. If they can't move, so do we. We just need to wait."

"Wait till we die? No wonder you're not in my situation right now." I scoffed as I stood in front of him. I saw he clenched his fist, like the usual thing he does if he's about to snap out.

"You know what... One thing I realized when father died, I never wanted to be in your situation. I'm fine with what I am and what I have right now."

"Really? Wait till they're gone."

"It's fine with me. At least I know I am not stuck being a miserable leader. I can be free. And for your information, I do know you're just trying to pin me so I could push myself to be like father. Even you hated this title. Guess what, I hate it too. But I'm here helping you...  Since the beginning, Jen.  Since you brought that girl—"

"Shut up! If you're going to rub on my face that you successfully found real love compared to me, then stop. You win, happy?"

"I'm happy because I know I have the things I want. I'm sad because you think this is some kind of competition. No wonder Y/N never loved you. For her, you're nothing but her life support, Jen."

____________________________________

Tzuyu's PoV

After Y/N left, Nayeon went back to practice. I noticed that for the past few days, they are being close. Not just close but incredibly close. I always see Nayeon go out of Y/N's room every night when Y/N is still unconscious. And this morning, they keep on exchanging glances as if something is going on with them.

"I'm done," I said as I bring back the weapon I am holding to the table.

"Wait, I thought we agree to end this by five? We still have an hour." Nayeon said.

"I started earlier. I guess that's a reasonable excuse, right?" I said and looked at the others.

"Do good, girls.  See you later." I said and went out of the room.

But I got another plan instead of going back to our room. I left the house and went somewhere else. It took me some minutes when I arrived at the place and saw two guards who were looking out for the place.

I mean what else I can do after the practice? Might as well follow Y/N and talk to her.

As I walked there, the guards immediately stopped me.