Chapter 56: Memories

Nayeon's PoV

After we talked about the important things,  We asked Y/N about some stuff that we are curious about. Like how this all started and of course, she remembers it like tomorrow.  She also insists on telling us because she thinks we need to know about it which is true.

But I also think that she says it to reminisce about the memories before, whether it's good or bad. Sometimes it's someone's coping mechanism. I'm sure she's been trying to bring that out but she can't 'cause every one is traumatized by what happened. Also knowing that the girls she's with are not even old enough to process what happened before, like Kyujin and Leeseo.

Yeah, the past two days, we only talked to Y/N's friends which is Karina and the others who she met 2 years ago in the forest.

I looked at Y/N and can't help thinking of the other Y/N. I wonder how she is, where she is. I guess I have to keep reminding myself that she's not Shin, but someone who looked like her... She's Hong Y/N.

"Sundry huh? So, she's powerful?" Y/N asked after Dahyun started to tell stories about Shin Y/N.

"Oh yes, she is."

"How about you? What's your power?" Y/N asked.

"I can make duplicates. I learned from Haewon that she can do it too. I think that girl and I will be good friends." Dahyun said which made Y/N chuckle.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but the other Dahyun...  What's her power?"

"Dahyun," I called out but she just shrugged.

"It's okay...  Well, uhm,  my friend Dahyun can control water.  And... Well, my other friend Chaeyoung is her partner whenever we have practice. Chaeyoung has the abilities of a mermaid, so yeah." Y/N said which Chaeyoung heard too.

"Whoa, mine are tattoos," Chaeyoung said as she rolled her sleeve revealing her tattoos. She laid her hand on the ground causing the art to crawl on the platform.

"Whoa~" Y/N softly utter which made me smile.

"That's amazing, I'd like to have one if I can."

"Oh, you got the right reaction," Chaeyoung said.

"Mine is lame, I can control my body to be flexible." Momo butted in.

"Oh...I think that's cool. Are you some kind of gymnast or what?"

"I don't know that you can pull a lame joke," Momo said to Y/N which made Chaeyoung and Dahyun laugh while Y/N is clueless if she said something wrong.

"If Y/N can melt, she'll be by this moment," Jihyo whispered which made me look at her.

"Huh?"

"She's not Shin."

"I know... I don't know what you're saying." I said and shook my head.

I looked back at Y/N to find her looking at us as if she heard us.

What if she did?!

I felt my face turn red which made me look away.

"I can heal," Jeongyeon said.

"Oh right, I heard from Haewon that you healed me... Thank you." Y/N said and smiled at Jeongyeon.

"That's nothing. I thought I was a second late, good thing your friends came too." Jeongyeon said.

"My power is fire, I have control of it," Sana said.

"Oh...  I think I should watch out for you then. Vampires aren't fascinated by fires." Y/N joked which made us all laugh.

If Shin is here, I wonder if they'll be good friends. I don't know Shin Y/N a lot. And that's because I spent time being so annoyed with her. But after the battle, I realized that she got some humor too. And Hong has the same humor as Shin isn't helping.

I hope I don't mess up.

"What's Sana's power here?" Sana asked.

"Her ancestors are gorgons, she got wonderful control with snakes. And probably the most dangerous one." Y/N said which stir reactions from the girls.

"How about you, Nayeon?"

I snapped out when Y/N looked at me and asked me.

"H-huh?"

"Your power?"

"Oh, it's nothing special—"

"She's amazing in predicting." Jihyo butted in which made me look at her.

"Why so shy, my Queen?" Jihyo whispered teasing me but I ignored her.

"Predicting?"

"Yeah, it's more like using numbers for accuracy," Jeongyeon said.

"Oh, I think that's cool. You must be the smartest in your school then."

"Thanks but I am not, actually?"

"What the— being humble now, your highness?" Dahyun butted in which made me glare at her.

"Right, you're a queen. You must be leading your kingdom so well." Y/N said.

"She does." - Momo.

"How about you Jihyo?" Y/N asked causing them to draw attention to the girl next to me.

Finally

"Oh, I can see both future and the past. My eyes turned to their corresponding color when my power is active." Jihyo said.

"That's how you saw the prophecy too."

"Yup. and actually I decided not to tell the girls first about my vision. But Mina here used her power on me. " Jihyo said which made the others agree.

"Don't make me the bad guy here, Jihyo. I'm just doing it for Nayeon because too worried about Y/N. I mean Shin Y/N. So I used my power, I hypnotized her and made everything spill." Mina said proudly which Y/N gets.

We looked at the last person who hadn't talked since we finished planning. Y/N did look at Tzuyu too and her eyes went sad a little.

"Oh, I can make ice. " Tzuyu simply said.

"Right, I remember before, Nayeon and Tzuyu had beef with each other. Tzuyu froze Nayeon's arm!" Dahyun said which made the girls laugh but I just rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, that's why Nayeon called her Evil Elsa. " Jeongyeon added out.

"Shut up guys, that's too immature!"

"Well, at least you're aware. You know Y/N, Nayeon has the hardest glow-up when it comes to maturity, I guess. That's what the title can do." Jihyo said.

"Right, from bratty princess to mature queen," Momo said.

"Oh, it's about me now huh?" I scoffed while they continue to tease me.

I looked at Y/N who went quiet. She's just laughing a while ago and I can hear her laugh even if I'm not looking at her but now she's just smiling pretending she's listening. When I looked where she was looking, her eyes are set on Tzuyu who was clueless that the girl is looking at her. She's laughing with the other girls too, and maybe that's why Y/N is looking at her.

She probably told herself that Tzuyu is not the same Tzuyu she loved but she can't help to still see her as the same girl she was in love with.

Which I can understand somehow...