Chapter 83: First For Long

Your PoV

After the night Karina talked to me, I spent my time thinking if I should listen to her.

Nayeon was the first one who approached me the moment they got here. And I know why. Me looking like the girl she loved before. Maybe it's quite confusing to say if she really likes me as me and not as the Y/N she used to love in her world. But she's also the first among them that I learned to trust.

And not just trust but I happened to talk to her normally which I don't usually do with Haewon or Karina.

When Nayeon told me she likes me, I know that part of me was happy. And that happiness seems to grow whenever we are together.

Maybe I do like her too, not because she likes me but because she sees me.

But am I really ready to move on? From the love I had long years ago, that is only going with my memories and nothing more.

Besides, what will happen if I tell her I like her too? Will that change the fact that after everything, she may have to leave me too... We'll end up just like the last love she had.

And as for me... A first love that will be gone far away. I don't even know which one hurts the most. Have your lover die or one who needs to go away where you can't see her anymore.

It's just too complicated. And I knew that from the time Nayeon confessed. And yet I still chose to let the happiness I get from her grow. Karina was right, being a fool is fun sometimes.

I huffed an air as I went off the bed because it was morning again. I ready myself first before going out of my room. It's quite early so I don't expect anyone to be awake too.

As I went out of my room, I was just about to leave the house when someone called me from the stairs and it was Nayeon running down.

"Hey, you're up so early," I said as I waited for her until she gets down.

"No, you were up so early. Are you leaving this early again?" She asked.

"Uhm, yeah. I just need to check on something."

"Really? Is it too important?" she asked.

"Not really. I just-"

"Is it okay if I'd come with you then?" she said, cutting me off before I even finish my sentence.

"Are you sure? Don't you wanna take breakfast first?"

"Good idea. Let's have breakfast, my treat."

Before I could even reply, Nayeon dragged me out of the house and ran somewhere with me. We stopped at a stall that sells food along the street, but just like I said, it was too early. Nayeon and I had to wait so we could buy food.

"So, what's going on with you? I haven't heard a word from you since after the encounter." Nayeon asked as we waited.

"Me? Nothing really. I was in my lab the whole day. Jun and I had some important talks, but that's just it. He said we should expect a lot of changes now. The president officially announced that the gates of the villages will be open and-"

"Whoa, whoa, take it easy, Y/N. I already knew about that. I want to know about you. What happened yesterday? You locked yourself in the lab, even the other girls can't talk to you." Nayeon said with her weary eyes.

"I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?" she asked as she looked at me as if she could see through the deepest of my soul.

"Yeah... Yeah, just... Just a minor problem." I said.

"Minor? Wanna spill it?"

I sighed as I gave up. I thought she'll stop asking, but I guess I was wrong.