Chapter 15: Casted Out

Your PoV

It's been hours since Jennie and I stopped by. The sun hasn't set and Jennie is still resting.

I could still see the burn marks all over her skin. To her arms, neck, and even her face. The only thing I could do to help her heal fast is to give her human blood to drink.

I looked at her as her expression says that she can no longer take it. She's grimacing as her eyes are still shut close.

"Don't ever leave, I'll come back," I said.

I know she heard it as she nodded back. I was about to leave when she stopped me by holding my wrist.

"Come back immediately," she murmured.

"I will."

I left the house and made sure no one will see me. I put my hood on to keep myself hidden and started to walk back to where I can find someone to bring with me.

"One person... After that, I have to unlive it." I said to myself.

I walked casually as I keep my eyes around from threats. I hid first when I saw a group of guards coming in my direction.

"We already reported to the highest that there are two intruders. They are now trying to find them by reviewing the cameras around."

"Are they vampires? The other one has the unfamiliar trait of a vampire. That's not a vampire's ability."

"That's why we have to be careful."

Those are just what I heard. I knew that I needed to come back already because they might track where Jennie and I stopped by.

I looked around and tried to think of a way to distract the guards. I saw a pile of boxes and knocked it with my telekinesis.

"What's that?"

"You go there, I'll check this part."

Success

As the guard made his way to where I am, I ready myself. I saw his back and grab the opportunity to knock him off.

A sound of cracking bone was heard when I tried to put him unconscious by snapping his neck. Then, I carried him on my back and dashed back to where I left Jennie.

"Jennie, wake up. We need to go. They have cameras and they'll track us sooner." I said.

I looked at her and she was still covered with unhealed marks.

I put down the guy that I brought and position him next to Jennie. I watched as Jennie's fangs came out. She pierced it to the guy's neck and started to suck his blood off.

I looked away as I know I won't be able to handle the situation of seeing how she drink his blood. I can even smell it.

As Jennie pulled out, I saw her already fine and her marks healed instantly.

I grab the gun from the guard and pointed it at him.

I can feel Jennie looking at me as if she already knows what I am doing.

I have to kill this man because a pure-blooded vampire will turn him into a new breed of vampire.

I point it close to his chest as I shut my eyes. My hands are even sweating.

I pulled the trigger of the pistol after a second. And my hand let go of it the moment I knew it stopped breathing.

"What's that?!"

I snapped as I heard a voice outside. I took off my scarf and wrapped it around Jennie. I grab her hand as we both went out of the house.

"The intruders!"

Jennie and I run as fast as we could and escaped the guards before they can catch us.

I know they won't be able to get us as we are faster than them.

"We can't make it inside, Jennie.  This is just the frontline of their security. We can't handle them!"

"Okay, let's retreat."

Jennie and I ran again to where we came from. Not so far, I saw cannonballs and explosives that can be used to make a way to our exit. I put the explosives at the gate while I throw all the cannonballs into that way.

The guards are slowly coming when a massive explosion happens as the cannon balls and explosives had contact, and the gate collapsed after. Jennie and I used that way to escape.

Jennie's PoV

As Y/N and I were able to escape the place. We immediately go back to our border. There are no more people following us and I doubt that there will be.

As we got to our border, Y/N and I stopped and looked where we went from.

"That was close," Y/N said as she rested on a tree.

"Yeah... Good thing we were able to go out again." I said.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked.

I looked at her and saw she was kinda exhausted. I can't blame her. A vampire can't be exhausted with the help of a regular take of human blood. And Y/N didn't have any today. Considering she's just a half-vampire. She even used her potential for us to go out.

"Yeah... Thanks." I said.

"We should go back. We have to report to your dad about their security. We can't go in without them seeing us. We haven't even gone to their second barrier."

"Y/N, wait," I said as she was about to go.

"What?"

Why do I wish that you all did that for me because you want to?

I thought I was gonna die a while ago because of those stupid burns. But Y/N made a plan to heal me. She even risks all just for us to escape. She killed too.

"N-nothing."

"Let's go," she said and started to walk again.

It was already night when we arrived back at the house. We both head to dad's place and as we got there, I saw not just dad, but also my whole family.

"Dad."

"You've returned. Just right in time." Dad said with a serious expression.

I already knew that there was something serious going on as I also see the other vampires on the side.

"We haven't been able to get inside, dad. Their security is so tight. We just managed to get through the first barrier but it's still hard to break into their second wall."

"Thank you for your information Jennie, but you're not here for that."

"What?"

Suddenly they all looked at Y/N. Y/N seems confused too, I looked at her and she was as puzzled as me too.

"Dad, what's going on?"

"You have to cut your ties on that girl. She's setting us, our tribe!" Dad said as he was looking at Y/N.

"What?"

Suddenly Eunwoo came out holding bottles with liquid inside.

Y/N looked at it as if she was familiar with it.

"These are found in her place. These sera she's been hiding from us. She even used it on your sister!"

"Ser— wait what?"

"Serum that is made to allow us to step in the light. We confirmed that she's trying to hide this from us. This could be a big step for us to help our tribe yet she chose to hide it. That proves that she's not loyal to our clan." Eunwoo said.

I looked at Y/N but she was not saying anything.

"Y/N."

"After all that we've done to you? Accepting you in this family! You're such an ungrateful being!"

"And you Jennie?! Is this what you want?! She's not loyal to us! You are the next in line, but she chose not to help you? Is that the kind of partner you want to be with?!"

"Warden! Arrest her! Make sure that that girl won't step in this house anymore!"

"Yes, your royal highness!"