Chapter 41: A Plan (1)

Y/N woke up after sleeping for just two hours. That's more than enough for a vampire. She was woken up by the sound of Amy's laugh and Yoree's bark.

When she opened my eyes, she saw them next to her. Amy is sitting while Yoree is playing with Amy.

"Unnie!"

"Hi," the older said as she sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Amy crawled to the older and set her in a hug that she didn't expect.

"Unnie! Your friends are waiting outside!"

"Are they?"

Before Amy could answer, the door swung open and Haewon peeks in.

"You're awake. Breakfast is ready."

"Thanks, we'll be there," Y/N said.

As Haewon leaves, Y/N decides to step out of the bed. She looked at Amy who was reaching her arms, signing for a carry.

"Let's go little one. You too, Yoree."

Y/N carried Amy, while she was also holding Yoree on her other arm. As she went out, the girls looked at her in awe seeing how she carries Yoree and Amy.

"Now we can see that she's older than us," Karina whispered to the others earning laughter from others.

"Sit down, Y/N. The food is ready, and for the record, it's not stolen." Kyujin said.

"Are these all came from Sejun?" Y/N asked.

"Yes... Anyway, what going to happen to him now?" Karina asked.

"I'll talk to him. See if he really can be trusted. Then I'll lay out my plans for this village." Y/N said.

At first, the other girls are confused about the plan. Except for Haewon, of course. Y/N explained it to the girls and they all agreed with her.

"You thought of that for just one night?" Leeseo asked.

"Uhm, kinda. When you are always in a caught-up situation, You have no choice but to always have a plan waiting." Y/N said.

"We want to help too," Lily said.

"It's much better if you'll do other things than that. Like get something to work on, we can't always rely on Sejun." Y/N said.

"We can ask him to give us a job," Gaeul said.

"Guys, I know that you are all skilled in fighting vampires but these vampires aren't the same as we fought in the forest. They have other powers." Y/N said to the girls as she gave them a distinct look.

"Y/N you said it yourself. We can't rely much on Mr. Chou. The way we can't rely much on you. You've many things to work on, we want to help so we won't be a burden." Karina said.

"You can just take care of Amy—"

"Kyujin and Lesseo will look after her.  Right?" Karina asked the younger.

"Yeah, we can do that. But we also wanna help with securing this place."

Y/N sighed without a choice as the girls made a decision. After they ate, Y/N called Sejun to come and they waited for him while looking after the youngest one.

"You're just 7?" Gaeul said to Amy as they asked her how old she is.

When Amy left to play with Yoree, Y/N had the chance to say when and where she met Amy and her mom. She also told them about their encounter with vampires.

"They are really serious about keeping the vampires with only those who have powers. That's an advantage of them. No doubt that they are doing that to defeat the vampires outside." Haewon said.

"But isn't it a good thing? I mean, after all the vampires outside are the real enemies." Gaeul asked.

In frankness, Y/N doesn't know. She lived with the vampires outside for 8 years, she almost knows how they live and what exactly they are fighting for. They took back the liberty that was once stolen from them because of the werewolves and humans who worked together to use them and kill their kind. Yes,  that was a long time but they had their reason.

On the other hand, Y/N sees these vampires inside the border as their enemy too. They are about to use numbers of humans who have powers. And one thing she knows is these vampires are against the ruling of the vampires outside.

"They're using people for their needs. Nothing is good with that. They will use them as weapons just to prove the point that they hate how vampire ruling happens outside." Y/N said.

"Whatever it is, we can't let them use us. We have to make a secure place for us. We'll never get to live if they are holding on to us."

"That's right. We are humans, we are living too. Technically, we all have the right to live freely." Lily agreed on Y/N.

"I just realized how we are seeking the right to live free when it should be given to us without any exchange. How cruel this world is to us, to give us something that we need to fight for." Haewon mumbled.

Y/N knew the younger was right. This is happening ever since but she failed to see it. It coz she has everything she needs... Had. Then after that, she realized how mess the world is. Children that supposed to be living free and not thinking of anything else but small stuff, but now, they have to worry about claiming back their privilege.

Not so long, Sejun came. His eyes darted to the young lover of her daughter with all sincerity.

"Y/N, I swear. That was a long time. I begged them to spare me but they had me give them sources. I-I think they don't live here originally. After that, they never came back."

"Answer me Sejun, does this village have people who have powers like me?" Y/N asked.

"I... I don't think so. In my living here, I've never encountered one. They probably live in the upper part of this border."

Y/N explained everything to Sejun including the part that she thinks the vampires are up to.

"If you care for your people in here, you'll make sure they are secured. We have to make this village secure from the outside and inside."

"What do you want me to do?"

"You have people, start working on a secured wall around your village. We'll do the rest." Y/N said which made Sejun frown.

To be honest, Y/N still doesn't know if she could trust Sejun. He had helped the vampires once, he can do it again. So she's planning to work on searching for the vampires alone or maybe with the girls. They have to clear out the threats in their village.

"After we secured this place, we need to start securing the people who have abilities. I know vampires can still touch the normal ones and turn them into their feeders but we need to make sure the powered ones are safe."

"We can train them too to protect our people," Sejun said.

"No, we won't force them. We'll save them first and let them decide. We have many things to do Sejun. The vampires in this border want nothing but the whole place to be ruled by them. And they sure see the vampires outside as their prime rivals for their spot."