Chapter 13: Go Hard

Your PoV

As we got back in the house, I got intrigued about Loco. I tried to ask Ningning but when she finds out that I didn't know who Loco is, she said that I should ask Jennie instead.

Jennie was preparing her bed as I am doing the same on my bed.

Sleeping isn't our thing as a vampire.
We could take a nap, or just close our eyes.

After preparing my bed, I looked at Jennie who was already in bed and reading a book.

I suddenly pictured Tzuyu on her and shove it off.

"Jennie, can we talk?"

"Depends on you."  She said without removing her eyes from the book.

"What do you mean?"

"The fact that you left the house after what happened says that you do not want to talk to me after it," Jennie said and looked at me.

My eyes suddenly looked away as we had contact. I tried to shove it off, but the awkwardness is really growing inside me.

"Then why did you follow me?" my thoughts said out loud.

"What?"

I looked at her and repeated what I said.

"If you know I wouldn't like to talk to you after that, why did you still look for me?"

She scoffed and looked back at her book.

"The vampires will be out later to hunt. Your place is truly unnoticeable. But if they find you, they'll think you're doing something else in that place."

"I'm just protecting my image." She added.

"Don't worry, I am not doing anything else that will be a threat to the clan."

"You better be," she said.

"Jennie who's Loco?" I asked as I remembered the reason why I decided to talk to her.

"Where did you get that?" she asked referring to the name I mentioned.

She looked at me and sat properly. Putting the book down on her table.

"Ningning mentioned Loco. that I saved it and—"

"Okay, enough. I don't want to hear what else she told you. Whatever she tells you, you should not believe it."

"So,  Loco isn't real?"

She looked at me as if she was thinking to answer.

"Loco is my friend. A bear that I took care of since he was still a cub. He lost his family during the war between vampires and werewolves. So I decided to raise him."

"Ningning said that I saved Loco? Although I don't remember—"

Wait...

Suddenly I remember the time when I met a wild bear outside the school. The last time I saw it was when Tzuyu saved me from it as she taught me it will attack me.

"Loco went back here one time. He told me that someone saved him from hunger and his wound."

"And it was me."

Jennie shrugged as she tugged her blanket.

"What do you think?"

"Is that why you chose me?"

"What? Of course not. That is so stupid."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

She looked at me as if she was already done answering my question.

"You know, ever since, this was our longest conversation. And I somehow regret it because I didn't know that you can be as chatty as this."

I suddenly realized that she was right.

What's wrong with me?

I sighed and shook my head.

"Okay, goodnight." I just said as I pulled my blanket over me and sleep on my side.

Jennie's PoV

"Okay, goodnight,"  Y/N said before finally laying on her bed and sleeping on her side.

I'm probably the biggest liar now about our conversation. But acting like I do not care is easier than rejection.

What happened a while ago is something that I don't want to deny. I do kiss her for a reason. I wasn't able to stop myself.

But her reaction to it makes me more of a bitter person and I know she has a right to react that way.

"You know I can't love you."

I do know that. I knew that ever since I decided to turn her into a vampire. But of course, I still wished she can.

After all, she stole my heart without knowing it.

Flashback

"She also goes there?" I asked the person I hired to get information about Eunwoo.

I am now looking at his pictures one of them is a picture of him with the girl I am talking about right now.

"Who, ma'am? "

"This,  this girl."

"I guess so ma'am. That was taken inside the school. Why, ma'am? "

"I've been looking for her since before. "

"Do you also want me to get information about her?"

"Can you also do that?"

"I'll try, your Highness. May I know the sudden interest in this girl?"

"It's a private thing, but I want to know her, ASAP."

______

"Your Highness, I have brought you the information you are asking about this girl."

"Okay, where is it?"

He laid some pictures as he started to tell information about this girl.

"She's Hong Y/N, the daughter of the principal, Hong Ijun. 19, and been in the same school since she was a child. She hasn't met her father ever since. It was said that he died before Y/N could see him."

"What else?"

"These are her circle of friends. She's the smartest and strongest student in the school. Having a telekinetic ability that she got from her father. She's been also acing the annual showdown that her school is acquiring every year."

"Telekinetic huh?"

"She's also the student council president. Other than that, she has her newest roommate, Chou Tzuyu."

"How about her love interest?"

"Love in— your Highness...  Are you interested in this girl?"

"You do know you are not in this job to ask me a question."

"I'm just concerned, your highness. If you're going to pick a partner, much better if they aren't related to this school. Your father had so much stress knowing Sir Moonbin had turned someone into a vampire. A student of this school, our greatest enemy."

"So? Like what I said, I didn't put you here to question me. I want that girl. I don't care if she's a threat or not. If she is, I can easily put her in my hand. That's how confident I am."

"I understand, You Highness."

"Know if this girl has some interest. I want to ready myself before we meet. I want this girl at all costs."

End of Flashback

I thought I had ready myself already. But seems like I underestimated her. I had her follow what I wanted, but she couldn't love me as I wished.

It's not just because of her power or her saving Loco. The first time I saw her, I fell hard for her. She got a different aura that can feed the hunger in my eyes and emptiness in my heart.

But now, I know it's really impossible to get all you wanted.