Chapter 123: Calls (1)

(TW: This chapter contains a death scene of a character. Although this is considered fiction, I just wanna say that this doesn't mean to offend the family and friends of the person portraying the fictional character. This is fiction but I am willing and open to your request to take this chapter down if you think this chapter is offensive and rude.)  

Third Person

Nayeon frowned upon hearing what Mina said. It wasn't like she heard it wrong, the girl keeps looking around as if the voice is just close to her.

"I-I think she's trying to talk to me with her mind," Mina said.

"Jieun? What do you mean Jieun?" Nayeon asked confusedly.

Mina didn't reply for a second as if she was talking to the person in her mind. A gasp fell on Mina's lips as she smiled brightly.

"They're coming! Nayeon, They are with Shin!" 

But even tho hope has been born on Nayeon's side, the ones on Tzuyu's is still in-depth. Tzuyu doesn't care if she's using a lot of her powers. Her mission is to give Jeongyeon time to heal Y/N, that is if she can.

She keeps checking if Jeongyeon was able to heal Y/N, but every time she lays her eyes on her, the vampire only gets worse.

"Come on, Y/N! Tell me, I don't know what's wrong! I can't tell!" Jeongyeon said as she started to panic despite having a talk with Y/N and Y/N saying she accepted her faith already. and that is to die.

but not now, she can't yet.

As Y/N stopped complaining about the pain she was feeling, that's when she closed her eyes tiredly as her heart stopped working too. And Jeongyeon's aware of that.

"N-no, no, wake up! Y/N, you have to wake up!"

 Lisa laughed as she stopped attacking Tzuyu and watched from afar. It could be more satisfying for her to see the other vampire's death closer, but it's better than sorry.

"She won't! The royal vampire is officially dead now! And that means her pair too! What a wonderful sight to watch!" Lisa laughed in euphoria.

Tzuyu had enough, she ran towards Lisa and made a frozen stake that she pushed through the vampire's chest. As the stake went through the dark lord's chest, it had her heart stuck on the stake.

Tzuyu pulled it roughly as she didn't remove her gaze from the dark lord's daughter's eyes.

"What a wonderful sight to watch." Tzuyu repeatedly whispered leaving a deep hole in the dark lord's daughter's chest, with blisters and smoke.

"N-no."

Tzuyu threw the stake away including the core of the dark lord's daughter's heart. Lisa watched as her own heart getting stepped by feet, crushing it down, and breaking it into bits.

"J-just who y-you are to do this to the d-dark lord's daughter?"

Tzuyu watched as Lisa slumped down completely.

Tzuyu turned to Y/N and Jeongyeon and she instantly rushed to them. She saw Jeongyeon already stopped healing the girl as if her hope on her has died already.

Suddenly, Giselle yelled loudly making them all look up.

"Portals! Portals everywhere! I think there's more coming!"

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu stood up as they looked at the sky that is now covered with portals.

"Jeongyeon! We have to run! I can't close them!" Giselle exclaimed.

"No... You don't have to... It's them."

~~~~~

It's been a while since Ningning did what her brother told her. Bin was out of sight while Ningning had her eyes dry from crying, thinking she didn't succeed in saving her sister.

But then, Jennie got up as she gasped sharply, and took Ningning by surprise.

"Unnie!" Ningning exclaimed as she jumped on her sister and hugged her.

Jennie is still catching up as if she barely remembers what happened before that time. She looked at herself as she felt something strange on her, something different.

After a while, Ningning explained to her sister what happened. How the Darklord has betrayed them and had his creation kill and be killed by the humans. She also said how the Darklord and his group killed everyone in the group. 

And how the dark lord had given her sister a kind of curse that can only be taken back by someone who already had their pair or creation, in return for their lives.

"Where's Moonbin?" Jennie asked.

Ningning looked around, she forgot where her brother went as she was focused on reviving Jennie. They left the room and just outside, they saw Moonbin, sitting against the wall and just close to his own death.

"Oppa!"

"Bin!"

The two vampires rushed to Moonbin he can barely open his own eyes.

"Why would you do that?! Are you out of you're mind!?"

Moonbin smiled weakly as he had his eyes close. He can't let his sisters see the pain in his eyes.

"I-I wouldn't if I h-haven't found Y/N's b-books... I-It worked t-tho." 

"You could have let me die and just leave away with Ningning?!"

"You w-want me to run away? N-not a chance, that's n-not what father had taught us."

Jennie started to cry as Ningning can't even seem to find the words as only muffled sounds coming from her can be heard.

"T-there's something I d-didn't tell y-you... Y/N... S-she's just t-trying to save Ningning... W-when you said that... S-she killed Eunwoo... I-I didn't believe r-right away. Because... I k-know E-eunwoo w-wasn't that weak... to b-be killed by Y/N." Moonbin tried to finish as he let a light chuckle.

"I-It was the serum s-she made that s-she injected to her people... Eunwoo tried t-to attack that person... but t-the serum got to him and k-killed him."

Just by then, it's starting to hit Jennie.

"N-Ningning t-tried to b-bite Y/N's friend... S-she would have been....d-dead i-if Y/N didn't... s-stop her." Moonbin stammered.

"I just figured that out r-recently. Y/N cared... S-she protected Ningning." Moonbin smiled as he opened his eyes tiredly and looked at Ningning.

"I-If you go to h-her... and help her. She might... help y-you too."

 "No... We need you too." Jennie whispered as she held her brother on his nape and rest her forehead against him.

"That's n-not true... N-no ever needs me b-but him. And I am f-fine with that. I-I'm sorry for everything, Jen... I w-wish we could have been c-closer just like the other s-siblings."

"Bin, please hold on."

"I can't... Y-you must go. B-bring Ningning... live away f-from this sinful land."

As the vampire opened his eyes again, he looked at Jennie and Ningning with bloodshot eyes rather than tears. He smiled at last before he closed his eyes silently And just by then, Jennie and Ningning's cry get even more painful. 

Jennie sniffled as she stopped her whimper escape. It was a silent and painful moment that will engrave both vampire's very minds as they call the vampire's name again, but this time, no one will ever respond.