Chapter 96: Let out

Ningning's PoV

It's been hours since Jennie unnie woke up but she never said a word about what happened to her. But I do know what happened. I have multiple reasons, I can name but it doesn't matter anymore.

I looked at Jennie unnie as she was now acting like nothing bad happened. She almost died!

"Winter and I found a way to get into the upper border without passing the gate," I said hoping she would hear it from the other side of the table.

We're now in our house and having dinner like nothing bad happened. Even my brother and mom are clueless.

They looked at me but the person I was expecting to care about didn't.

"I said we found—"

"Didn't I tell you to stay home? Why did you go out? Do you really want to put yourself in trouble?"

I frowned at what Jennie unnie said. Just funny that she's the one who was in trouble a while ago. If I didn't see her, maybe we'll be having a new leader again.

"Aren't you the one who almost died a while ago? I'm sorry unnie, but you're being too much. You didn't even thank me for saving you? You don't appreciate things anymore?!"

"Ningning, stop it. What's happening?" Bin oppa asked which made me look at him.

"Ningning, sweetie,  don't talk to your sister like that. And please let's not argue on this table."

"What happened? What died?" My brother continued, as he also ignored what Mom said.

"It's nothing, go finish your thing." Jennie unnie said.

"I'm still the man of this house, I want to know what happened. Ningning!"

"I found Jennie unnie at her office, unconscious.  She's close to death—"

"What?! Jennie, is that true?"

"So? Does it matter? She said it, she saved me, right Ningning? Thanks for saving me, probably Y/N would thank you too because of that." She said, more like to offend.

"Wait, you did that because—"

"Jennie are you insane?! I thought we are already done with that girl?!" Bin oppa asked as he went off his seat.

"Are we? Because every time I am here in this house, you always remind me that it was my fault for bringing that girl into our family! I'm just trying to end our problem!"

"By ending yourself?! Are you dumb?! You're the leader now! And for your information, I tried to warn you about that girl!"

"See?! It's my fault again! Can't you just accept that I just loved like you?! Why? Because I am the eldest, the one who is expected to lead our clan, that means I can't follow what my heart says?!"

"And you did! Look what happens now?"

"That's why I am ending it!"

I slammed the table as Bin oppa and Jennie unnie continued to fight like no one was around them. They became like this lately. Before,  they act like they don't exist with each other, and now they see each other but only their wrongdoings.

It's tiring to see them like this. It's so frustrating and heartbreaking. I kinda wish I am still the young one who they take care of, at least I don't see them fight like this.

"You two are unbelievable. I don't know you anymore. Was it because Dad died? Was it because your partners left you?! How about me?! I lost my father! I lost two people who I treated like a family! And now, I am starting to lose both of you?! Are you for real?! Can't you once make up together and act like everything is normal?!"

"It will never be normal again, you know that—"

"Because you won't let that happen, Unnie! You're pushing everyone away! And you oppa, you're the most selfless man I know! But what's happening to you now?! All of you forgot that I am still here! Do you even still care about this family?! Because I do! But it's tiring to see that the family that you keep on putting together is the one who is breaking it apart! You're the older ones and I should learn many things from you. But I didn't! I learned all the things I should know from someone I least expected! And you know what? I kinda wish they are the ones who are here! At least them, they would understand me!"

I walked out of the room and hear my brother calling me. I didn't look back, I was crying like a mess. This family is not the family I wished to keep for the rest of my life. It's miserable and sad.

____________________________________

Jennie's PoV

"At least them, they would understand me!" Ningning exclaimed as she walked out.

"Ning, Ning,  come back here," Moonbin called but Ningning didn't dare to look back.

Their mom left to follow Ningning, leaving me and Moonbin in silence. Bin sat down as silence took over the place.

Meanwhile, I can't help but to recall what Ningning said. She's in pain, I know that. But I am too. As much as I want her to help me, I believe that she should help herself first. What I didn't realize, it was us who were making her feel that way.

"I can't believe you tried to end yourself just to end Y/N. You're so dumb, the girl doesn't even bother us anymore." Moonbin said who's wearing an annoyed tone.

I looked at him confusedly. Isn't it what he wants? What do they all want? They are blaming her, and It's all because I brought her here. Things wouldn't happen if I didn't bring her here.

"Right, now I am dumb because I wanna kill the girl who causes our problems." I sarcastically chuckled.

"That's not it, Jennie. You can end her without needing to end your life! You're a fucking leader of our clan?! Are you just going to leave it all behind?!"

"What do you want me to do? Everyone is dying. I don't know if I can still save this place—"

"Then you shouldn't have stepped over if you think you can't!"

"I've been telling you can't, but you're just dumb to see it! You could have just fought for your right! Why you didn't do it?!"

"Because I respect you as my older sister! And what are you saying you've been telling me? All you do is show me I'm your greatest competition. Jennie, I'm not your enemy here. We could have helped each other but you don't want to. You know why? Because you can't accept to yourself that you also need help. What are trying to say? That I should thank you for provoking me? You can just ask me nicely, but yet you chose to keep your pride high, and ignore that you needed help!"

"Fine! You're right! You're always right! Happy now?!"

"You know what's wrong with you Jen? You don't accept your mistake unless it's all fucked up. You keep on telling yourself that you still can even if you don't! You're too competitive that I can't even tell if you see me as your competition or more than that."

"I did that because I want you to show that you deserve to be in this position! I want you to show our father that you deserved to follow his footsteps! I did that because I want to see you try like how I did! I was trained to do this all my life! And I don't want it either! If I could just give it to you, I would but I want to show Dad that you deserve it! Not just because I don't want to, Bin! I was also thinking of your best! But then Eunwoo came, you lost your track! I thought it was the end for you, and mostly for me. But then she came... And the same thing happened to me. I did understand how everything can turn upside down just because of one person. Now look at us, we're a mess." I stated as I just can't help but to laugh bitterly while I cry.