Chapter 99: Doubts (1)

Ningning' PoV

By the time I left the house, I didn't really know where to go. I don't wanna see anyone, especially my sister. So here I am, in front of the portal that Winter and I saw.

"If she doesn't want to listen to me, then it's her fault." I huffed.

Without thinking for long, I went to the other side and it brought me to the same place where I got the first time I crossed the portal.

"Whoa." the cold wind of the night didn't bother me but the fact that this place is so bright...

I walked to the cliff and saw the huge civilization down there. It didn't even scare me that this place is filled with humans who possibly have special abilities. What's important is I am here now.

I don't really know what should I do. But I don't want to go back there knowing no one will ever listen to me anymore. I'm going back, not today.

____________________________________

Third Person

The president arrived at the laboratory just a moment after he received the text from Jun. Jun was waiting outside the place while Y/N, Nayeon, Lily, Giselle, and Haewon are waiting inside the laboratory.

"Mr. President."

"Not today, Jun. Your kid just messed up, you can't convince me to trust that vampire anymore."

"Mr. President, but you have to listen. Y/N is waiting downstairs. She doesn't have a plan to get away with this. Just listen to her."

"Let's see."

Jun and the president went to the lab and saw Y/N. His men are also following behind him which intimidated Y/N as everyone was looking at her.

"Mr. President-" Before Y/N could finish her sentence, the president uses his ability to her. Nayeon felt pain as she watches Y/N in pain as the president reads him.

Minutes passed and the president haven't stopped yet. It was quite longer than it should be that Y/N's nose started to bleed and she was now sitting on her knees.

"Mr. President-"

"Not a word, Jun!" The president interrupted as he continued to read on Y/N.
A moment after, the president let go making Y/N fall completely onto the ground. Nayeon ran to her and helped the girl to get on her knees.

"I was right. You killed Sejun."

Y/N is still catching her breath while she's leaning on Nayeon's body.

"I-it's not like that. Eunwoo was the one who killed him. I thought the serum would retract the venom of Eunwoo's bite but it just made Sejun's blood deadly for Eunwoo. I didn't mean to kill him!"

"You still fed him to that monster! And you made it worst, you used him as a test subject?!"

"He killed my friends! Didn't you know that? Those three girls are innocent! They barely live for their lives! If not because of his selfishness maybe they are still alive! Just be thankful I get to use his life!"

"Y/N stop!" Jun said to calm the younger. Nayeon remained silent but she keep on holding on Y/N. She could feel the trembling of Y/N's skin. It is indeed a scare.

"Mr. President, please. I know you value your people, but this time Y/N is right. Sejun did it first, he used the three girls to lure Y/N to their boss."

"I could have killed him with my own hands, but I didn't. I was so angry at him to the point I want to make him feel miserable, but I did this. I didn't want him to die. But it happened. The serum didn't work the way I wanted." Y/N said.

The president looked at Giselle and Haewon and saw that they are completely fine. He then looked at Lily and the girl just nodded saying to trust Jun.

Jun walked to the president and handed all the evidence they ready even the serum that Y/N created.

"Please, Mr. President, give us a chance," Jun said.

The president grabbed the things on Juna and gave them to his men. He then looked at Y/N who was up now and wiping her blood.

"I'll let you get away with this. But you can no longer use this place. You are not allowed until I made sure this is safe. And the two of you, you need to come with me." The president said to Y/N then to Giselle and Haewon.

"One wrong move again, Y/N. Just one wrong move." the president warned.

"We'll be alright," Haewon assured as the guards started to get her and Giselle.

"I'll come, I might help them with monitoring you two," Lily said. She looked at Jun and Y/N and nodded.

"Watch your kid, Jun. If she messes up, you will too." the president said, and she left with all the evidence including Giselle and Haewon.

The room stopped for a minute until the energy lessened because of how tensed both sides were.

"You two should go home. I'll drive you back. Let's trust Lily this time, she'll explain everything to the president." Jun said.

The two agreed and they left the place. No one knows if Y/N can ever go back again there. For sure it will be a lock-up until she'll be able to prove herself.

When they got home, the girls immediately asked where are Giselle and Haewon.

"And Lily, I thought she was with you too?" Karina asked.

"She went with the president. They had to get Giselle and Haewon to examine them. But I'm sure they will be back at some time." Y/N said.

"They didn't arrest you?" Gaeul asked.

"They forbid me to go to my lab. Pretty sure he will have me watching until the result is out. He thinks I purposely killed Sejun."

"Well, at least they didn't get you. We don't know what to do if they got you." Jihyo said.

"I have to go now. I'll follow Giselle and Haewon, I have to make sure they are comfortable. Let's just wait for the results." Jun said then he left.

"I can't believe Giselle really did it," Karina mumbled.

"Let's just all get some rest. We are all tired of worrying and everything. Let's hope the luck is on us. We are close to the big event, we need to store some energy." Jihyo said.

The girls all agreed and they went to their rooms except for Y/N. When Nayeon was just about to go upstairs, she saw Y/N and walked to her.

"You too, you did a lot of work today. Have some rest."

"I can't, Nayeon. I... I'm worried." Y/N said.

At this point, Y/N felt a truck with loads of thoughts hit her head. She can't stop thinking about many things, and to say, these things are a big part of their plan.

She doesn't mind the serum, she knows it is safe. She also knows Lily will be able to convince the president.

But what she's thinking is about the big event. And also what might happen after that whether they will succeed or not.

"I know you are. But we all need a rest. Especially what happened to you... Does that always happen to you?" Nayeon asked.

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked as she looked at Nayeon who also have a different problem.

"That... When I thought you're gonna die."

Y/N instantly got what Nayeon wants to ask and she already have an answer to that. But is she gonna tell her? Another problem she has to worry about.

"I must be just tired... You're right, I need a rest. You too, Nayeon. Thank you for staying with me. Go get some rest, goodnight." Y/N said. She stood up from the couch and kissed Nayeon on the head before walking upstairs to her room.

Nayeon was left in the living room, sitting on the couch as she continued to wander her mind. She can say Y/N was trying to hide something but she can't tell what it is. Made her worry even more, and honestly, it's not helping both of them.