Chapter 30: Wrong

Your PoV

"Your name?" the cop asked as we arrived at the police station.

I wanna curse so badly because of my situation. I didn't know what's gotten to me that I let them get me. Now here I am, cuffed.

Yet for some reason, I don't feel anxious or threatened.

"Hey! Your name!" the cop repeated.

"Dam."

"Dam? Dam what?"

"Dam Yu."

"Dam Y- are you playing with me?!" the cop yelled as he slammed his table and stood up to level me.

"Wait a minute, why are you so pale, are you a vampire?" the cop asked, squinting his eyes at me.

"I'm no doctor but I can say being pale is one of a sign if a person is anemic. Besides, if I'm a vampire, I should have been ashes now." I huffed.

"Oh... Right- er! Where are you, friends!?"

"Sadly I don't have one. I'm a loner, loser, and close to dying."

"Ah-"

"What's wrong with this kid?!" I heard him whispered-yell at his co-worker.

"I don't know sir. She didn't even dare to escape after running and messing with the marketplace."

"Oh, I guess you gave up on your life now huh?"

"Sort." I just hummed and looked around.

"Do you know what did you do? You and your friends have been stealing in the marketplace. We had you watch. So I know you have friends!"

"Maybe? They left me, coz I'm a loser, loner, and clo-"

"Shush!"

"What's going on here?" Suddenly, a man went out of the room. He's wearing a different uniform but I can't tell if he's part of this department.

I rolled my look upwards but as soon as I did, my gaze stopped at the face of that guy.

A moment of silence occurred as both of us stared in surprise.

"Y/N?"

"She said her name is Dam-"

"Y/N, you're alive?!"

My breath hitched as I halted back when that guy tried to approach me. I could see the horror on my face.

"What's happening?"

"Y/N, you're Y/N. I can't be wrong!" He said who's now holding both of my shoulders.

"Mr. Chou-"

"Where's the key? Release her! Now!"

I just stared at him and I didn't notice that the cuff on my hand is gone now.

"Mr. Chou-"

"Y/N, where's my daughter? Where's Tzuyu?"

I frowned as I heard what he said. Suddenly, the blood inside me boils and goes all over my head.

"Your daughter? Daughter? Since when do you treat her as your daughter?" I scoffed bitterly.

Right, he's Tzuyu's father... The son of granny who was co-founder of the school I went to.

He then let go of me after I said that. I could say that he's affected which he shouldn't be. After how he treated Tzuyu like an invisible? Like a monster?

"So you haven't found her yet, huh? You wanna know where is she? Where is she lying six feet below?"

"W-what?"