Chapter 19: Found Diary

Your PoV

I stood outside the house as I stared at the ground where I buried her body.

Yes, I did it. I mean, I don't have a choice either. It feels like a blessing in disguise that I stumbled down on Yoree and followed her here in Hyein's small house.

On the back of my head, I know this isn't right. I just unalive an innocent girl who's helpless and weak.

"Arrf!"

I snapped back as I heard Yoree. I went back inside the house to check on her and realized she had some food to share.

"You really are a smart dog," I mumbled as I caressed her.

I feel much better now compared to a while ago. I thought I was close to my end.  Surprisingly, my body didn't react the way I expect. It does heal my wound but something else happened.

I didn't collapse or anything.

And I am thinking if it's even a good thing or not. It could only mean that my body is getting used to it. But why is it so sudden? But also, I don't think it's a good sign. This only means that if I am truly used to it, then more times like this that I'll get to witness the death of my future victims.

I rested on the bed as I felt tired because of all these happenings. I know I had charged already, but my mind still tells me that I need to get some rest.

As Yoree sat beside me, I closed my eyes and just let myself fall asleep.

________

I woke up as I heard the sound of awakening nature. The first thing I noticed once I opened my eyes was Yoree behind me also asleep.

I went up as I stepped out of the house only to see that it was already sunrise.

"I have to keep going."

I get inside again and look for some clothes so I could change. Gladly there are some that I can use. After that, Yoree woke up and started to cling to me.

"We're leaving, buddy. I know this is not how you wanted, but we have to keep moving."

I went out of the house as Yoree also followed me. Not so far, I saw a wildflower. I picked it up and put it on the spot where I had buried her.

"Words can't express how I am feeling right now. Without your sacrifice maybe I am no longer in here. I promise to take care of your friend until you'll see her again."

I don't know but those are the words that came to me.

I went back inside to get the food that Yoree had kept. I will be needing it in my journey. I put it on fabric and keep it together.

"Let's go, let's leave this place for now."

Yoree and I started to walk in the woods. I don't know where exactly we are, I just followed the direction that I know and that is far from the southern border and away from the main barrier of the humans.

Jennie's PoV

"How is it?"

"None so far, your highness. We searched the whole border. But we can't find her."

I sighed as I think where else she could go. Until now I can't believe that she ran away when she could just ask for help from me.

Her pride can't be really taken.

I decided to go back to the house since I had been searching with my team for Y/N and it was almost sunrise.

I'm starting to worry about where else she could get blood to sustain her needs when the human is barely walking around. I think the human forces had kept them in one place already and that is in the same place where we slinked in.

"Unnie, any news?" Ningning asked as I walked into the house.

I just shook my head as I slammed on the couch.

"If I know she'll escape, I should have just talked to her and convinced her more." I hissed.

"Unnie have you tried checking on her place? I mean she could have been there."

I looked at Ningning as she said that. I know it's impossible because the vampires already know her place. After they found out that Y/N was working on those damn sera, they had her place all searched.

"We could check it if you want," Ningning said.

On second thought, maybe I can find a clue where she would go.

"Hold up, I'll get my cover. You too, the sun is rising."

"No need for me, I... Y/N unnie gave me a serum before everything of this happened."

I just nodded and walked to my room. As I stepped in, I couldn't help but look at her now empty bed. I am used to seeing her sleeping on her bed every time I walk in after staying outside for a long until sunrise. And now, she's nowhere to be found.

I always know that she doesn't have any bad intentions when she made that serum. But still, dad is right. She shouldn't have kept it from us. And she had stolen the formulas too. That says a lot.

After I got my cover, Ningning and I left the house again. I could see how she can walk with the sun is up. And she can't hide the happiness with it.

Made me think that Y/N had made it for Ningning too. Because when Ningning was still a child, she always wished to play outside during the daytime.

"We're here unnie." I heard Ningning say after some walks.

It was quite far from the house. No wonder why she was able to hide this from us for 8 years.

Ningning and I walked inside the crib and saw how messy the place is. It's like a tornado had crossed the place and put everything unorganized.

I guess Eunwoo and his team went here and didn't leave anything.

I looked around and notice some of the books that I gave to Y/N before. Those are the times when she's new to the family, she only stays in the room and doesn't want to go out. Well unless Ningning and her have to train.

Along my search, my eye caught something on her desk. It was the necklace she was always wearing. I wonder what is in the necklace that she never takes it off.

It's odd that she just left this in here.

I opened it and saw a picture of two people smiling for the first time.

It was Y/N and her mother. They are both smiling like they are each other's treasure. The same smile that I got when my mom was still beside me.

And I had taken her mom away from her. I understand why she can't build a romantic feeling toward me. She can't love the vampire who had taken her treasure.

"Unnie."

I looked back as Ningning called me. I saw her holding something as if she was scanning it.

"I think this was Y/N unnie's diary."

"Let me see."

I tried to open it but there was a lock. Maybe this could help me to find where Y/N is.