Chapter 49: On The Move

"I knew it was suspicious that his village suddenly grew faster than the other villages. I didn't know someone else was helping him and it's you." Jun said. They arrived at Jun's secret house away from the people.

"But he cared for Tzuyu. He's been helping me too for 2 years."

"Y/N, you never learned. You know that he never cared for you or his child. He's using you... But I don't understand why?"

Y/N went silent as she tried to put everything into pieces. Sure she's confused now but she has to solve this sooner before it's too late.

"Because I am a vampire..." Y/N mumbled.

"What?"

"Jun, I should have followed my institutions. I know I can't trust him but I still brushed it off because he's Tzuyu's father. But now I get it."

"You said you're a vampire?" Jun asked who was now up on his guard.

"Listen, yes,  I am but I am not part of them. You need to believe me, Jun."

"T-that's why I sensed you differently. I think I never learned too, Y/N." Jun said as he grabbed a wooden stake and pointed it to Y/N.

"Wait, Jun, calm down! I said I am not one of them. I can prove to you that. I have friends who are helping me to hunt down vampires, and they are all human."

"What?" Jun slowly put down the stake and looked at Y/N baffled.

"10 years ago, someone turned me into a vampire. That was when I left you. I lived with them for 8 years but I was able to control my thirst. I only drink blood once every day. And I can also drink animal blood. Those vampires I lived with...  They live outside this upper border. But then they blew me off the clan as they saw me as a traitor. I invented a serum to allow me to walk in daylight. Then I met these new friends. They are young, and all humans, Jun. I never hurt them, I swear."

"No, you're lying."

"No! I know I was wrong to trust Sejun. I didn't know, okay? I was fooled. But now I know who to side with. You're right, the group that helped Sejun must be the former administration."

"It's definitely them! Sejun isn't competent enough. That is why his parents didn't trust him with the school but with your mother. Sejun has nothing too after the event ten years ago. The administration helped him to have something and that's his village."

Suddenly Y/N had flashbacks of her first encounter after a long with Sejun.

"I had nothing!"

"I had no choice but to help them."

"I did it to save myself."

It makes sense now.

"And the former administration must also be the one helping the vampires who live on this border."

"You're right," Y/N mumbled.

"Sejun's gonna pay for this," Y/N muttered as she clenched her fist.

_______________________________________

"What's with the sudden meeting, Y/N?" Haewon asked.

The girls are in the sage house as Y/N called up a meeting after she met Jun.

"We have a problem. Someone's trying to set us up and play behind our backs."

"What?" Karina asked and the girls started to look at each other confusedly.

"Sejun, I think he's working with the higher people who are helping the vampires. And that higher people are the former administration. That's why he got a village to lead on."

"Wait, are you sure about this? Because if you do, we have to take him down. I don't care if he helped us." Gaeul said.

"No, I'll take care of him. I had an exact plan for him."

"But if he's working in the former administration that helps vampires, then why is he also helping us?" Karina asked.

"I mean, we killed vampires," Karina added when everyone looked at her.

"Because we never killed vampires who have other powers. We killed ordinary vampires... And that's helping them because they don't need ordinary vampires." Y/N said.

Lily came with the papers and showed them to the girls.

"Y/N is right. I just noticed that after Y/N's encounter with Irene and the three vampires she killed, the profiles of the rest of the vampires we hunt down are just ordinary vampires who have an uncontrollable thirst for blood. They were haywire."

The girls looked at the papers. A profile of all the vampires they hunt for the past 2 years. Lily gathered the information every time they knocked down vampires and according to those, all of them are ordinary vampires.

"They used us to ease their work," Leeseo muttered.

"That shit! I knew we couldn't trust him!"

"And so do I. But I was stupid to believe he really loves his daughter." Y/N said cursing at the air.

"Was it really just to help them to simplify their work? Because if that's the only reason, then we would be dead now. We've stopped hunting vampires, not because we are resting but because we can't find vampires anymore. And these vampires we are hunting are all ordinary vampires." Lily said.

"I think no. They are also after the prophecy."

"What?"

"They knew about the broken prophecy. Look, foreseeing isn't a rare ability. Some of their people might have it. And they saw what was about to happen. They letting us live because we are all gonna be part of that prophecy. They know our goal that we'll end the vampires' bloodline and they'll use us to defeat the vampires outside so they can rule after."

"That's sick." -Kyujin.

"Y/N, you have to work on Sejun already."

"I know, I will definitely will. And I'm gonna make sure we can make use of him until his last minute."

"Wait, where all you get this?"

"To a werewolf. And he's now with us."

Suddenly a guy walked out of a room and revealed himself.

"You're telling the truth...You really have these humans helping you." Jun said to Y/N who earned her trust in him.

"Of course, I told you I have a plan, Jun."

_______________________________________

Jennie's PoV

"We've set to experience famine in a few months later, Father. You still haven't reached for our clan inside the upper border." I said as I looked at my sick father who's been stressed because of what was happening.

2 years ago, communication with our clan inside the upper border became inconsistent. They said it was due to the strong protection that their government is implementing that they can't export feeders for us.

For the first nine months, the export of feeders went down to average. Until it became lower than the average and so on.

"You have to work on it, now, Jennie.  I can no longer continue this."

"But father—"

"I know you messed up 2 years ago by letting that threat inside our clan. But you have to redeem yourself in this mess, Jennie. That's why I am giving you a chance before I die—"

"You're not gonna die, Father."

"I've come to my age, Jennie. You have to step out now. For our clan, you have to save us! We didn't come this far to lose the life we are fighting for."

"Dad."

"I know you know what to do, Jennie.  We are here to save our kind but not die. That's what you have to remember."

I looked at my father as I tried not to let the tears escape my eyes. It's been a few weeks since my father started to get weak. And without any source of energy, he'll have to step down and leave us already.

"Jennie, you have to make your move now. Save our kin, save our family."